Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electric Wind Recoil Generator

Started by Zhang Yalin, March 31, 2023, 02:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kolbacict

Quote from: Zhang Yalin on April 03, 2023, 09:10:36 PM
Would anyone please draw a sketch for me? Thank you in advance!
Something like this. Only instead of fingers, airscrew. :)

sm0ky2

Like rudders but for propellers
to control the torque
I love it

Cauliflower turbines
heres the problem i see:

Theres a speed of rotation where the backwards velocity of the smaller blades
matches the windspeed they produce
meaning no more air to flow through them
So the generator would have to be kept below this speed

Also this weird torque occurs (mathematically) in the other axis
so it will need like one of those little helicopter tail blades somewhere to counter that
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

Zhang Yalin

I'm afraid you guys are not quite with me. Hi

Zhang Yalin

Let me make my idea more understandable.
The design is like an electric bicycle that does not have an electric motor, but is driven by the recoil of an electric fan mounted on the luggage rack behind the rider.

sm0ky2

Quote from: Zhang Yalin on April 05, 2023, 02:07:04 AM
Let me make my idea more understandable.
The design is like an electric bicycle that does not have an electric motor, but is driven by the recoil of an electric fan mounted on the luggage rack behind the rider.

When the windspeed (against the direction of motion) reaches the speed of the air being pushed through the fan: no further air can be pushed through the fan.
This is not a function of design, but an operational condition of the fan itself.

Do a search for 'wind powered car that drives itself upwind'
you will find that in order to do this you mist gear the wheels to a higher ratio than the fan.
The reason behind this is exactly the same but in the opposite direction.

This is how fans work, and one of the reasons wind turbines have to be turned off above a certain wind speed. Not only is it dangerous, but the generator cannot operate under these conditions.
Sure the fan will turn
But the speed of the wind is the same in front of the fan as it is behind it. So torque, pushing power, pulling power, all scale off once the condition is broken.

This is not a problem, as long as that condition is handled.

As for the axial torque (considered 'roll' in the forward (x) vector) is still present if you mount the fan to the rack instead of the tire. This removes most of the gyro torque, but unless the fan is completely horizontal, there is still an upward torque placed upon the rear of the bicycle.
Enough to lift your tail off the ground? Probably not, but definitely must be considered on something like a drone or aircraft. And in the case when the fan IS horizontal: gyro torque appears on the axis of rotation of the fan. Counter rotating fans could be used to cancel this out.

With fins placed on the tire such that the fan actually spins the tire (rather than simply pushing the bike with a fan): direction of rotation of the tire means the fan is facing forwards. (Assuming that is the direction you wish to move in)
In this scenario you are directly fighting the wind as in the example at the top.
And again here, once the windspeed reaches the output speed of the fan, it stops providing forward acceleration. Also heavy losses appear from wind currents that are not dissipated hitting the fins.

The idea of driving the wheel from a fan on it's' rotating peripheral is probably the best of these scenarios, notice how the direction of rotation of the wheel is complementary to the direction of force applied by the fan.
however the system constraints must still be considered.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.