Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Jhula principle - increase speed by applying brakes.

Started by prajna, March 25, 2007, 12:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xnonix

Quote from: hartiberlin on June 06, 2007, 03:22:21 PM
I saw just, the model harti_swinger01.w2d  has the same problems with this joint.
So how do we put now 2 weights together without stumbling onto this bug ?

Easy. We only need 2 pin joint this way.

hartiberlin

But why do 2 rigid joints not work  ?

Are the rigid joints buggy in this program ?

How do we make now one way only rotating joints
without bugs ?
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

xnonix

The program is buggy so I only trust what is known as working properly. I won't use rigid joints anymore in my models. The 2 pin joints solution is good enought.
The problem with wm2d are not the polys as we thought, is only those buggy rigid joints.

Cheers,
xnonix

EDIT: For doing one way rotating joints rigid joints function as expected.

Dingus Mungus

Or you can use a rotational damper to only enable
one way pin rotation like the solid joint would.

~Dingus

dailytool

First post here and i'm thoroughly enjoying all your efforts!

Originally, I was thinking of this pendulum design (jpg attached) to be added to the Milkovic design so you could utilize very little energy to swing the pendulum. It would be a swinging pendulum device per say with very low energy consumption...

But NOW i'm thinking you could possibly extract energy from the swing itself. The overall idea would be to 'brake' the pendulum arm at the top of the rotation point, just long enough to drop the secondary legs down (shown in red - using legs like your legs on a swingset). If you use magnets (shown in yellow) that are strong enough to hold the legs in place, but not strong enough to hold the legs when you stop (brake) the pendulum at the top of the swing, i think the legs would slap to the other side (by way of gravity and inertia) and hold well enough to run another rotation. Maybe it could be done with an alternating electromagnet on each side instead of a permanent magnet.

Food for thought!?!?!