Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why bother? Seriously. Could someone PLEASE explain...

Started by xenobard, May 23, 2007, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenobard

@ low-q / vidar

Nice post.  Thanks.  Unfortunately, I agree with pretty much everything you said, and, therefore, I am left with the same problem as before.  Humans are the most despicable of animals, and, therefore, have the least right of all animals to survive.  Yet, on the other hand, there would be no better objective towards which to devote my potential other than ensuring humanity's survival as a righteous and virtuous member of the society of life on this planet.  Therefore, for me to begin using my potential, I must discover some glimmer of hope in humanity being capable of transcending its despicable, primitive nature, and, therefore, witness it being capable of somehow existing in harmony and balance with the universe. Otherwise, I feel any use of my potential in contributing to human civilization in its current course would be unethical.

>>I simply could not live with myself if I allowed anyone to use me in order to further an agenda of domination and exploitation over others.<<

Without proof of humanity being capable to transcend its tenancy towards spiritual self-sabotage, I'll be quite content to live a simple, quiet life of no particular importance or influence.

Now, as I see it, I have two choices:

1.  I can simply abstain from facilitating the agendas of the current spiritually abased socio-political / economic leaders of human society, and live a life of quiet protest and watch the world fall apart around them.  This scenario ends with me having a great laugh at their expense.

2.  I could start using my potential in holding the new socio-economic / political global ruling class accountable to humanity and the future of life on planet Earth.

Which should I choose?  Which would you choose? 

giantkiller

Ah, silly humans. Kicks are for twids.

--giantkiller. Hence the name.

xenobard

Convince me thine quest is noble and I will serve thee! :P

Dingus Mungus

Quote from: xenobard on May 25, 2007, 10:55:29 PM
@Dingus Mungus

You're not trying to save the world?  Why the h$$l not?  Why would I want to devote my potential to anything other than saving the world?  H$$l, if you guys aren't in the business of saving the world I want nothing to do with you all.

You say, 'Get over yourselves'. I say get your heads out of your arses and realise the world is going to hell in a hand-basket BECAUSE people like you aren't in the business of saving the world.

I mean holy crap!  Has it not occurred to you that it is people like YOU who are destroying the world BY researching merely for the sake of researching.

You know, not so long ago whoever it was decided it might be fun to research splitting the atom.  How utterly stupid!  It is the stupidity of people like those who researched splitting the atom that I DESPISE most.

You missed my points entirely...
and then assumed the rest...

We're all hobbiests and researchers. No one in these forums has changed the world on a mass scale yet. At least to my knowledge that is. So rather than giving up your HOBBY because "people suck and are not worth saving", just do some USEFUL research and treat it like what it is: a hobby. Then the philosophical mish mash you keep spouting loses its power over your free will. And for the record... Maybe a handful of people will actually solve the problems we face, so don't assume your time means a guaranteed solution of some sort. Just be a realist. So lets all just take our selves a little less seriously... Its just your time, brain power and what ever you can afford in materials thats all. Normal "sucky" people spend those same prerequisites on far less important endeavours like drinking. So suck it up and just know time spent researching things that might help mankind, may be the most benifical thing that would make you a better person than the rest of todays gene pool.

I don't disagree with you, but your logic is still a cop-out...

xenobard

@Dingus Mungus

I didn't miss your point.  It seems you missed your own:

"So lets all just take our selves a little less seriously... "

That sounds a lot like, 'can't we all just get along?'.  Talk about a 'cop' out.

Seriously, why sell yourself short like that.  Why don't you dare to think you CAN change the world?

Prepare youselves for xenobards half-baked idea coming soon in a thread near this one...