Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Diode Array, many small parallel diodes to aggregate rectified Johnson Noise

Started by Charlie Brown ARN, April 03, 2005, 12:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Brown ARN

I stuffed a perfboard with ~2,000 cheap diodes like the 1n914 in ~1992 too and had Forrest lab test it. They found 10^-15? watts or so which is less than the output of one ideal diode, 1/2 kTB or ~2 x 10^-9 watts. The problems here are limited frequency response, a THz is 1,000 GHz, high junction parasitics of capacitance and leakage ,and large size limiting the diodes/ cm2. The forward voltage isn't an issue because a nonconductive diode will have high voltage Johnson noise. I see the operation of a diode array where the diodes share a smoothed common voltage as each diode's depletion region having a different width according to the local situation of the electrons in and near this volume. The depletion region is organized a little so it has a response as a whole. This degree of organization is similar to that of a bubble which is organized into a curved film around its contents. When the electrons are temporarly dense the depletion region will be narrow and some of the electrons will leak accross the depletion region and deliver a unit of current to the anode (the multiple anode side of the array is negative). The forward voltage represents the resting size of the depletion region and isn't important.

I considered carbon nanotubes for a while but they vary in conductivity according to their helicial pitch so I went for the uniformaty of buckyballs and will accept the 1.2 nm width of the monolayer of buckyballs which implies using ~ 1 nano gram of embedding plastic? / cm2.

Aloha,

Charles M. Brown

kenbo0422

Charlie Brown,

The 9nm thickness you spoke of is realistically measureable with the testing equipment that I manufacture.  We have come up with a way to even scan the surface of chips, etc. with a micronewton force on a diamond tip giving a 3d picture of the surface as a test for accuracy in manufacturing.  Many of the chip manufacturers use these machines to keep getting smaller and smaller tolerances and higher densities in chips.  I'm sure that your diode array should be able to be manufactured with great quality and high performance with what knowledge I have gathered from that part of the business.  I would really love to see these ideas come to fruition.

Ken

Charlie Brown ARN

By all means see which of the nanofabricators you know or can know are willing to roughly evenly disperse C60 as a monolayer spaced ~30 nm in offset rows like trees in a monoculture orchard in a plastic monomer which would be ~1.2 nm thick, the diameter of the C60 on a 100 micrometer? metal substrate (say CrAu) (this thickness is needed if current has to move laterally and excessive if the prime diode arrays can be stacked on top of each other alternated with a nano pillar structure that lets heat bearing fluid through laterally while conducting electricity transversely (through the pillars). The lateral current path can be minimised if the diode array active area is a stripe and the lateral current moves crosswise, a short distance IN PRODUCTION UNITS (in a prototype the current has to be able to go to pins bypassing any possible failed section getting in the way of a high power design). N type InSb would be deposited on top of the C60 / set plastic embedding layer. The process is discribed elsewhere on this site: (www.overunity dotcom The international free energy research forum / Discussion board help and admin topics / Links to other energy research sites / www.diodearray dotcom for the diode array / Reply 5). I neglected to bring up the need of a short current path configuration (crossing a stripe) there though.

Aloha, Charlie

kenbo0422

Charlie Brown,

I believe the places you are needing for fabrication are called forges or foundries, like in the old days but with a new purpose.  They specialize in one of a kind setups.  A guy from IBM (former employee) told me that is what you need to find.  IBM did their own stuff and I think its done by someone else now.  The guy who invented the inkjet technology lives in Louisville, KY.  Bill (Mr. inkjet to the Japanese) used to work for IBM as well.  I believe the micro switching and pumping foils were developed at a local foundry.  Give Google a search....

Ken

Charlie Brown ARN

{Hypothetically} A small radio, PDA, or light could be powered by a diode array containing 100 million diodes in 100 sub assemblies in series each containing 1 million diodes in parallel. It would operate
at 5 volts, produce 100 milliwatts, and feed 20 milliamperes through a 250 ohm load. The array area of the chip would be 1 / 1000 cm 2, ~0.32 mm square. Voltage stabilizing circuitry may be added. The noise voltage of a 250 ohm load producing a full 4 nanowatts of noisepower, noise up to ~1 Thz (easy for the diodes, hard for the load), is 1 millivolt A.C..

Aloha, Charlie