Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Inductive kick

Started by raburgeson, March 02, 2006, 07:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raburgeson

I have to be the lousiest at asking questions, Is there a specific core material that will maximize the kick. Like a transformer core is made from a material composed to reduce lag by charging and discharging a magnetic field quickly. What I ment to ask is is there so special magnetic core out there or something that is more efficient at producing the kick than a normal inductor? I know it's my fault on the question so I thank you all for your time so far. I am looking for max current and I know that means shortest kick duration.

magnetoelastic

Like my old profs used to say, no such thing as a stupid question.

A core to maximize inductive kick would be of laminated shell or tape core construction, of the highest-saturation-flux-density material available.  If cost is no object, one of the amorphous permalloy-based alloys is the way to go.  This will allow you to store the highest energy into the core, and lose the least in hysteresis.

raburgeson

Thanks for the lead magnetoelastic.

magnusx

Wow, just checked out that link to Pete Millett's website above - awesome! Heaps of great info that will take me while to digest. thanks!