Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Kerosine Lamp Thermal Piles

Started by kinggeorge, September 03, 2007, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ken_nyus

Quote from: sm0ky2 on September 18, 2007, 10:52:45 PM
http://www.crazypc.com/products/5912.html

This is the device in its more efficient (modern) form.

this model here cools a computer CPU with a 12v input

but also doubles as a thermoelectric generator, you can create electricity by placing a heat source on one side, and even more by cooling the opposite side.

They make a circular version for use in the exhaust stacks of 18-wheeler trucks, to generate electricity from the waste heat.

That Peltier device at that link, am I reading this right?

If I apply heat/cold to this device I can get 24 amps out of it?

For $32 it is cheap enough to play with.

sm0ky2

i bought the 4 i have they were $15 / each so you might want to shop around
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

ken_nyus

Hey Smoky,

Have you tried using them as generators? If so, how much voltage and current were you able to generate?

sm0ky2

the modules i have are rated at 12v .5A max. (6 watts)

to actually achieve this i have to maintain a temperature difference of about 110degrees between the sides.

this requires a cooling system on the cold side, and a decent heat source to stick the other side to.

i can easily get 3-5v @ .05 Amps with a Bic Lighter, but this drops off quickly as the "cold" side heats up.
the module will actually reach equilibrium and stop functioning if you dont keep moving the heat away from the cold side.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

Pirate88179

Could you not rig a heat sink to the cold side to slow its heating?  This might help to keep it at ambient temp. I have seen these devices around for a while.  This is what is used to cool/heat a small 12 volt car cooler/heater.  there is a great technology here I think.  Fun to explore.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen