Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

US Patent Office Has Granted Patents for Perpetuum Mobile

Started by Omnibus, October 09, 2007, 09:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

Interesting discussion.  I have only had two brushes with the US Patent office, the first, when my Father and I attempted to patent out ceramic springs, and 6 years later, to invalidate a patent on the ceramic springs that claimed we were infringing.

They turned our application down because they said it was not a "significant improvement" over the current metal springs available. (Which is stupid based upon the properties of the partially stabilized zirconium oxide they were made from...nonmetallic, nonmagnetic, not affected by acids, can perform at high temps, 3,000 f, stable spring rate over vast temp. ranges, and not subject to metal fatigue, to name a few.)  At the time of the application, we were told we had to submit working samples.  We did.  It was turned down.  Another corporation, a very large one, was one of our customers at the time.  They ordered 6 springs from us as they could not make them, we were the only ones in the world at that time who could.  They submitted them to the Patent office and got their patent using our springs as working samples.  We beat the "cease and desist" order easily for several reasons.

Anyway, I tell you this because it was my understanding that you could not just patent an idea for a device, you had to build the device and provide records of it's intended performance as outlined in the patent.  The patent attorney told us that someone could not just submit a broad idea for an invention without first producing at least 3 working devices that would be inspected.  So how are these people now just obtaining patents on wild ideas that may or may not ever work?

My experience was about 20 years ago or so.  Have the Patent laws changed since then so you no longer have to provide a working model? If so, then I think patents are even more useless than I did previously.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

hansvonlieven

G'day Bill,

The US patent office, since its inception has granted patents for the most idiotic and unworkable devices. Have a look at how many permanent motor designs have been patented over the years. None of them work. The Jesse Mc Queen patent is another case in point. Pure speculative gibberish.

see:   http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,3130.0/topicseen.html

The common misconception is that you require a working prototype in order to get a patent. This is not so, in fact it never was. The truth is that the patent office MAY require the applicant to furnish a prototype in order to get the patent.

This is only very rarely done, usually only to people whose application is so patently idiotic that it is clear it will never work. It is one way to refuse a patent without having to refuse it. (Like in the case of the Robert Jackson applications where, according to Jackson, they DID ask to be shown a working prototype.)

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

Omnibus

Quote from: hansvonlieven on October 09, 2007, 04:01:20 PM
G'day Bill,

The US patent office, since its inception has granted patents for the most idiotic and unworkable devices. Have a look at how many permanent motor designs have been patented over the years. None of them work. The Jesse Mc Queen patent is another case in point. Pure speculative gibberish.

The common misconception is that you require a working prototype in order to get a patent. This is not so, in fact it never was. The truth is that the patent office MAY require the applicant to furnish a prototype in order to get the patent.

This is only very rarely done, usually only to people whose application is so patently idiotic that it is clear it will never work. It is one way to refuse a patent without having to refuse it. (Like in the case of the Robert Jackson applications where, according to Jackson, they DID ask to be shown a working prototype.)

Hans von Lieven
Who are you to challenge the decision of the US Paten Office? Nobody.

Until the US Patent Office revokes that and the rest of the perpetuum mobile patents, or a judge decides against them you shoud stop spewing nonsense against the US Patent Office.

hansvonlieven

The decisions of the US patent office have been overruled by the Courts on hundreds of occasions over the years. It is a matter of public record.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

ForeverBlissed

Quote from: Omnibus on October 09, 2007, 04:35:05 PM
Quote from: hansvonlieven on October 09, 2007, 04:01:20 PM
G'day Bill,

Hans von Lieven
Who are you to challenge the decision of the US Paten Office? Nobody.

Until the US Patent Office revokes that and the rest of the perpetuum mobile patents, or a judge decides against them you shoud stop spewing nonsense against the US Patent Office.

All hail the US Patent office!  1,2,3... let's bow down now.

Yes, they rule!  Yes, they have power!  Yes, they are our currently in charge of deciding who 'owns' something... (sic)

Bull Crap.

They are controlled by special interest just like any other governing body that has power and deals with people who have lots of money.

This same story line has been repeated so many times in human's history, it is amazing to me that we still find the plot interesting!

The US Patent office has done good... they've done bad... they're human... they screw up.

Because of this... they DESERVE to be challenged!

How many corporations have patented things that should not have been patented?

Amazon and their stupid one-click mess?

How about the company that patented our human genome?  (our DNA for kris's sake)

How about the crap the Joseph Newman has been going through?

Right... let's take up for our US patent office because they are infallible and cannot make mistakes.

I say, it's time to open source everything...

Let's make ALL knowledge OPEN SOURCE!!!!

FB