Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Energy from kites

Started by ResinRat2, October 13, 2006, 02:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ResinRat2

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

kinggeorge

Why are smart people so stupid when it comes to seeing simple workable answers to these kinds of  issues?  The same basic core answer works for both Ocean tides and Air power.

George King

www.cosmicsalamander.com

Mr.Entropy

I think the unpredictable nature of the wind would make it really difficult to keep kites in the air, keep their strings from tangling, etc.  It seems like a nightmare.

To do it right, you wouldn't want kites tied to a big rotating thing.  You'd attach them to individual winches.  Each kite would alternately pull the winch line out, generating power, and then allow itself to be pulled back in more easily.  You could gear the winches together in pairs, or wind two oppositely on the same spool, so that one kite could always be pulling the other kite in.

The kites would have to be controlled by computer, using actuators on the kites themselves, so that their trajectories could be controlled much more accurately than is possible using strings.

Cheers,

Mr. Entropy