Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Hydrosonic Pump

Started by FreeEnergy, June 27, 2005, 03:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzneg

motors are 90% efficent, how efficently can one turn steam into electricity? stirling engine, or copper wire, transfering heat to the input water?

rapttor

Jim Griggs was able to produce consistant numbers of 35% - 70% more energy (output as steam) than the drive motor was using. It's not so much the HP of the motor, but rather a motor that's capable of 5-15K RPM so that you can fine tune it for the best efficiency.

-art
Successfully Perpetually Failing at everything I do...

mikestocks2006

Art,

At 15k rpm on a 5/16 shaft, we are looking at aprox 6.7 m/sec surface speed. (surface speed is one of the critical factors in rotary seal designs, others are pressure, surface finish, liquid chemical reactivity with seal material vs temp etc.)
At 15k rpm it?s borderline between using mid and higher end quality seal material for longevity.
Nitrile might do the job too, PTFE (Teflon type) would be better. Buna-N rubber may not cut it for prolonged periods.
On the non drive side, cap it (no leaks) and use a bronze sleeve bushing, light press fit on the end plate, slip/clearance fit on the shaft, they are very cheap readily available and durable and you can get them with very high tolerances.

Once you post some schematics, it may help to provide more specifics. If you use the inlet through the shaft (requires a much simpler but more expensive design) there are off the self units available that can handle up to 20k rpm, over 1000psi  and temps to 250 F maybe higher depending on materials an usage specs.
For proof of concept the easiest and cheapest solution may still be the silicon O-ring/washer/spring combo suggested earlier.
It all depends on the scope of what the device/experiment is trying to accomplish.

I hope this helps.
Good luck.

allcanadian

Hey raptor we use graphite shaft seals on our pumps ,high pressure steam system . High temp, cheap and very durable. Go to a plumber ask for condensate pump shaft seals.
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

idnick

Hi Art

I am going to try to send a pic. of the Griggs Hydrosonic Pump that I replicated. Take note of the automotive seal I used. I've turned this unit at 3450 RPM but for my application 1725 is plenty fast to produce high temps (I shut it off at 240 degrees) and steam.  Rotor is 8 5/8" No problem with leakage.  If photo comes through, I'll send Stephan pics from start to finish. Rotor is about half impressive, even if I say so myself

Dave

Don't know much about sending pictures, but here goes..