Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Slow motion Tesla Coil to "Worm Mountain" by The Flaming Lips

Started by dklyne, September 29, 2009, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dklyne

Hello everyone,
Just finished my first real tesla coil.  made a pretty cool slow motion video to the sounds of the Flaming Lips and their soon to be released song "Worm Mountain" on the CD - Embryonic.
Here's the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bI4P9rTQbE
Energetictube.com/Powertube.ca - Where technology goes LIVE!

xee2

@ dklyne

Quote from: dklyne on September 29, 2009, 04:10:35 PM
Hello everyone,
Just finished my first real tesla coil.  made a pretty cool slow motion video to the sounds of the Flaming Lips and their soon to be released song "Worm Mountain" on the CD - Embryonic.
Here's the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bI4P9rTQbE

Nice Tesla coil. I looked at some of your other videos and I was amazed that you were able to run the Tesla coil so close to your computer without causing computer problems. How far apart are they?

dklyne

Ya to be honest with you so was I.  :P 
I have used bedini self oscillating circuits (see my circuit below), running the collector to ignition coil then cap bank instead of CFLs to create a very small distruptive discharge on a mini tesla coil (10") .  Then 2 circuits, and two phased ign. coils, to opposite ends of the gap for a bigger discharge (only 1/2" coming off the topload of the TC though).  However, in this arrangement the Back EMF i was witnessing at certain frequencies (trimmer pot at the base) was crazy.  Only certain frequencies though, not all of them from what i noticed.  I had that same computer in the room and its PC speaker would start ringing and usb laser mouse would start scrolling inside whatever application i would have up.  With this arrangement i would only be using 1amp at 12volts.  multimeters would show amps on them just laying around but especially when positioned near either primary or secondary battery bank.  Fortunately its a lab computer that i also run my PC oscilliscope on so i'm willing to put it in harms way, so to speak.  Anyway what i'm surmising is that the specific frequency that i have my large Tesla coil tuned to just isn't cutting into the bus of the comp as much.  Which is a bonus really.  I haven't seen to many problems with it.  However i will admitt that i'm not using it alot while running the TC either.
One other point i felt i should make on this matter is that the camera that filmed that video is a Dlink wireless G band web camera that is able to transmit with out any real issue either.  Thats how the Flaming Lips video was recorded.
Its an interesting subject though as i have considered encasing my comps inside faradae cages for sake of mass ejections from the sun anyway.  Would be nice to avoid messing them up at all to be honest.
Stay cool Xee2!

dklyne

Sorry about the Energeticforum links in the circuit diagram.  wasn't meaning to plug them here or anything intentional like that.  Its refreashing to be here on this forum to tell the truth.

:)