Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electrical Faux Pas

Started by z_p_e, November 11, 2007, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

Can't find delete button sorry for confusing this thread :-[

Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

angryScientist

@z_p_e

I find a discrepancy between your terminology and mine.
QuoteSo any time you are "switching" your battery on and off in relatively quick succession (either manually, or with an oscillator and MOSFET switch), this should be considered an AC source.

Switching a direct current on and off is what I, and most everyone else, would call pulsed DC. It is still a direct current because the current would at no time change direction. It will still flow from negative to positive and the two will never switch positions.

That being said I would like everyone else to know that it exceedingly easy for a pulsed DC to turn into an AC current. For instance you could put it through a transformer to get AC out the secondary. Or you could put it through a simple coil and get a reversal of current flow during the off part of the cycle. In some cases you could consider a capacitor to reverse a direct current while it is discharging.

Sorry if I'm nitpicking. The rest of the post was great. I just have full knowledge of the value of having words mean the same thing to the sender as they do to the receiver. It's the only way to communicate.

z_p_e

Hi AngryScientist,

You are correct. I would technically call it "pulsed DC" as well.

Sometimes I (and probably many folks) loosely call anything that is changing with time...."AC". Even the "Master" himself called it "AC with a DC component". Sorry for the lazy slip-up.
;)

wattsup

z_p_e

I removed my initial questions as you are right to keep this more generic.

z_p_e

Wattsup,

Those are pretty specific questions really only pertaining to Otto and Roberto's work. I would encourage you to ask them, as they are more qualified to answer them.

We should try to keep the questions here as generic as possible I would think.

Cheers,
Darren