Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnetism the myth

Started by allcanadian, December 18, 2007, 08:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Entropy

Quote from: 0ne on December 19, 2007, 04:07:24 PM
What comes first, electricity or magnets? Well since you can not make electricity without magnets, I would say, electricity is magnetism. DUH!

I can make electricity with a chemical battery, a solar cell, a fuel cell, a beta-voltaic cell, a Wimhurst machine, a Van de Graff generator, or by rubbing my feet on the carpet.  None of these require magnets.

You have this one backwards, I'm afraid.  The magnetic field is created entirely by moving charges.  It can also cause charges to move, but there are many other things that can cause charges to move as well.

Cheers,

Mr. Entropy

allcanadian

@Mr.Entropy

I would say you are right in every respect and I knew you would catch my "spinning around each other " statement as well, I didn't correct it on purpose.

QuoteYou give your own meaning to nightlife's words the same way people fill in details from their own life to match the vague generalities provided by a fortune teller, or the way real events are made to fit a Nostradamus quatrain by being overly generous in the interpretation.

I think this statement is very correct, this is what I do----this is what all of us do I think. The only reality we know is our own, and we have our own opinions and everything must revolve around our opinions whether we believe this or not. I have come to understand the greatest gift anyone could give me is there opinion, there perspective . Right or wrong I will accept everyones perspective as it relates to me, because I am the only "me" I know, I cannot truly understand "there" reality but I will listen and I will respect there opinion because it makes "me" a better person, it helps me understand the other perspective. As you say too many people push there opinion in a condescending way and I am afraid I am as guity as anyone in this respect, but I think we do this so we can be heard, so we can make our point.
In any case I do respect your opinion and I thank everyone here for being here . Im not sure we appreciate how unique we are for no other reason than just making an effort to be here in this forum when others would dismiss us as a bunch of crackpots.
A new year is almost here and my intuition tells me this is not going to be just another year, the winds of change are starting to blow in our favour. Personally I have found many of the answers I have been searching for thanks to many of the people in this forum, so I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

P.S.--- Is magnetism a myth? Honestly I do not know nor could I say , but it sure makes one think doesn't it. ;)
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

PhiScience

@allcanadian

Well said,
All the theories concepts, and beliefs about energy and matter have some truth and some falseness. It is like a giant 3-D jig-saw puzzle with more than one piece that can fit in each place, we must move forward with an open mind trying all the different combinations until we get it right, that is very frustrating because you may have it almost complete down to the last piece but that piece does not fit and you need to start over. But have faith all has not been lost knowledge and wisdom has been retained.

I wish everyone a safe and pleasant Holiday.
The function of science is to make observations and measurements and to find correlations between the observed facts.

0ne

Quote from: Mr.Entropy on December 19, 2007, 09:56:12 PM
Quote from: 0ne on December 19, 2007, 04:07:24 PM
What comes first, electricity or magnets? Well since you can not make electricity without magnets, I would say, electricity is magnetism. DUH!

I can make electricity with a chemical battery, a solar cell, a fuel cell, a beta-voltaic cell, a Wimhurst machine, a Van de Graff generator, or by rubbing my feet on the carpet.  None of these require magnets.

You have this one backwards, I'm afraid.  The magnetic field is created entirely by moving charges.  It can also cause charges to move, but there are many other things that can cause charges to move as well.

Cheers,

Mr. Entropy

I'm affraid you need to open your eyes and see that EVERYTHING IS A MAGNET! Protons and Electrons carry "electric charges", these "charges" create "electromagnetic fields". The potons and electrons themselves ARE SMALL MAGNETS.

Chemicals are strong magnets at a subatomic scale. Solar cells collect magnets from the Sun. Of course solar cells themselves are made of protons and electrons which are magnets. Heck even your feet, socks, and carpet are magnets, thats why when you rub them together you make "electricity", just like when you move magnets over a coil like a generator! Wow, YOU HAVE MAGNETIC GENERATORS ON YOUR FEET! JUST LIKE JESUS WHEN HE WALKED ON DIAMAGNETIC WATER! Did Jesus rub his feet on carpet before he walked on water?

Imagine this invention, an under water electromagnetic perpulsion system. No more sping blades, just a special eletromagnet!

hmm i should stop telling you the future inventions... I might scare you with teleportation, like Tesla did lol..

PhiScience

@One

I am afraid you are right!
Well almost right.
What is a magnet made of, and why does it behave differently with different elements?
And what is electro made of in an electromagnet?
Are all magnets the same or are there different types of magnets? 
The function of science is to make observations and measurements and to find correlations between the observed facts.