Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Trojan Alert

Started by Ergo, January 07, 2008, 10:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atlantex

Hello Hans,

better you install a good virus scanner than try to get rid of the IE and destable your system with such actions.

Trojan-Downloader.HTML.Agent.ij

that's the enemy on TT's site.

atlantex

wattsup

@Hans

No prob.

May I recommend you do a system backup before you use xplite, then do another one after you have removed your unwantoms.

I am also putting up a copy of my RegCleaner program. It is an old version of 2001 but it is strong and great to use to clean up the system registry, start-up programs, etc. I will leave it here for a few days then remove it. The new version of this is called RegSupreme. When using this, check the StartUp List section. It should not be filled with programs being launched at computer start-up. My XP only has two lines that are relative to my high performance audio card and that's it. All other lines are removed.

If you go in Options, Registry CleanUP, OLE Cleaner then choose Extra Powerful.
Then go to Tools, Registry Cleanup, and choose Do them all. This will scan the complete registry and list all lines that are just junk. You then remove these. All removed items go the the Backups section. Keep these there for a few days just to make sure nothing went wrong. Never does but hey, you''re never to careful. You can then remove them from backup whenever. Anytime you install a new program, check this program in the Start-Up to make sure they did not hog your resources at Start-Up. Also if you go there and see a line, remove it and it comes back on its own, this is a trojan or virus doing it mayhem. Ouch.

Enjoy the power and control.

Carl.

unfortunately it is part of the windows OS, so you cannot get rid of it unless you flush windows out of the PC and load something else like Linux.

Sorry. Only alternative to that is leave it alone but load firefox or another browser.

hansvonlieven

Sorry guys,

XPLite is not so free, if you want to get rid of Internet Explorer you have to buy the programme for 40 bucks.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

tak22

I don't reccommend XPlite, but if you must use something for IE, I'd go with nLite instead as it's technically better, it's free, and it's well supported.

get it here  http://www.nliteos.com/

tak