Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

best way to wire your electrodes

Started by CarbedNotch, January 18, 2008, 10:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarbedNotch

I'm thinking about using my mig welder to weld SS wire to bottom of the electrodes. What have ya'll done?

CarbedNotch

Here is what I came up with:

Weld whatever you like pm me

CarbedNotch

Would it make a difference if I welded the wire in the middle of the tube instead of right at the bottom?
When I hang the tube it hits a higher pitch resonance when you tap it 3/4 of the way up whereas the bottom makes the least noise.... Just a thought.

HeairBear

copied from here... http://www.geocities.com/teeley2/chimeart.html

Nodes of Fundamental Frequency

When a chime is struck, it vibrates along its entire length in a sort of standing wave, but it's movement is so small you can't see it with the naked eye except on very large chimes. The wave has a mirror image of itself so it crosses itself at two specific points on the chime.

These spots are 22.4% from either end. It is here that there is virtually no vibration and we call these places the nodes of fundamental frequency. It doesn't matter which node you use to drill your holes, either node will perform the same way. This means that if you suspend your chime from this node, you will not dampen the vibration and you will get a longer, more sustained sound.

Try this experiment to show how important the location of this node is to the sound your chimes will make.

Hold a chime (or any piece of pipe, tuned or not) about halfway way down with two fingers. Strike it near the bottom with something like a screwdriver handle. Strike it a few times to help remember the sound. Now slowly let the pipe slide downward while continuing to hit the pipe at the bottom. Do you notice how the sound changes? The note begins to shorten as the pipe slides down again. The place where it reaches its longest and most resonant, is right at the node and it will be 22.4% from the top.  Isn't it great? Instead of a short bong!, it becomes a rich bonnnnnggg! Virtually any metal tube behaves the same way. After you've tuned your wind chime lengths, then can drill your holes for hanging and get that full sound with all the chimes. Just multiply each length in millimeters by .224 and place the holes that distance from the top.

For example if your pipe (after you've tuned it) is 380mm, multiple it by .224 to get 85.1 mm from the top. Drill there. The same calculation is done for each chime in turn. You can see that the points will be different for each length. It may look a little odd but if you want that expensive chime sound, this will give it to you! Remember, drilling 22.4% from the end will give you the most resonant sound. Now you know the secret of those who manufacture expensive chimes.

This calculation works for chimes down to about one half an inch in diameter, but with pipes or rods smaller than this, the frequency gets so high, it matters less where you drill the hanging holes. That is why those little rods and pipes of the small, cheap chimes are often hung from holes drilled at the top, all the same, about one quarter of an inch or so. Unfortunately, some manufacturers of the higher priced chimes also drill the holes near the tops and the quality of sound suffers.
When I hear of Shoedinger's Cat, I reach for my gun. - Stephen Hawking