Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Tesla Project

Started by allcanadian, January 22, 2008, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wattsup

But, but, but, but geez I'm stutering.

If you put a shorted cap across a battery, are'nt you shorting the battery also and this in itself would waste much more battery power then what has charged the cap?

Now, I am so confused.

Steven Dufresne

Quote from: allcanadian on March 21, 2008, 12:00:53 PM
The ordinary capacitor has a very special secret you have never heard before ;D that is you can charge a "shorted" capacitor( It's terminals tied together) as ONE plate of a capacitor with no effects on the source of the charging action(for free).

Not for free. You did have to bring the source close enough to the shorted wires. That takes work. The capacitor itself has two plates separated by a dielectric and you're trying to force like charges onto both plates. Like charges repel each other, so you will be doing work pushing the equal charge on both plates. Using the spring analogy, you're compressing two springs together.

Quote from: allcanadian on March 21, 2008, 12:00:53 PM
You then seperate the capacitor terminals and place it in a circuit so it can discharge itself to a lower potential like --- ground,  through an inductance thus it can perform work or maintain oscillations in a circuit. ;)

You unlatch one of the springs and it goes 'sproing'. The work you're getting out is half the work you put in when you compressed it (i.e. charged it.) You'll get the other half out when you unlatch the other spring. For the analogy to apply, each spring has to have a separate latch.

I could be out to lunch since I'm coming into topic in the middle. Someone just asked me to look at you're posting because they didn't fully understand it and vaguely thought it might be useful for my own work.
-Steve
http://rimstar.org
He who smiles at lofty schemes, stems the tied of broken dreams. - Roger Hodgson

allcanadian

@wattsup
Not across the source battery --across the terminals of the secondaries N in teslas patent.

@Steven Dufresne
If I rub a red balloon in my hair and bring this charged red balloon near another blue balloon then this blue balloon will be charged in an opposite sense to the red one-- electrostatic induction.
The red balloon is then attracted to the blue balloon as they have opposite charges.
In patent 568177 the primary M charges the secondaries N, this is through HV/HF current--- we could say the higher the frequency of this current the more it would resemble DC as the alternations are closer together. This DC just so happens to change polarity, it alternates, I wonder what might happen if as the the primary M potential started to rise and peak the secondary was disconnected? In this case we could say the secondaries M as they are connected with a shorted capacitor would be charged as a whole representing one plate of a capacitor as a whole, the primary N is the other plate. We are speaking of electrostatic induction like the balloons, we are not trying to seperate the capacitor nor the balloons so there can be no work involved. The capacitor and secondaries are now charged equally as one capacitor plate would be, we disconnect one wire from the secondaries connected to the capacitor, unshort  the capacitor and we now have two equally charged charged bodies--- a capacitor with high potential on both plates(is it charged or discharged?) and the secondaries. If we ground one plate of the capacitor we are discharging a charged body not unlike any other charged object but this action must produce a potential difference across the capacitor, we have charged the capacitor by discharging it ---one plate.Once you have a charged capacitor it should be obvious what we should do with it.

The primaries are one charged plate-- the secondaries the other.
The capacitor on the secondaries is one charged plate-- the secondaries the other.
The capacitor has one charged plate and one discharged

It is a capacitor within a capacitor within a capacitor, we disconnect to divide, we divide and discharge to have energy reproduce itself. Reproduction through division Im sure I have heard that somwhere before. :) Remember we are not speaking of electric currents we are speaking of charged bodies, only when charged bodies are discharged does the electric current manifest itself.

Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

one

Quote from: Frederic2k1 on January 23, 2008, 04:51:11 PM
@ allcanadian

Do you use a apark-gap like Tesla did it in some of his projects ?

In "A pratical guido to "Free Energy" Devices" they mention, that the key to OU is a disruptive discharge...

http://www.panaceauniversity.org/D3.pdf

In the link in this quote  there is  a  Ed Grey  power tube   the diagram is on   page 6.

The  diagram  shows   a carbon  section   in the  electrode .   
Can  someone  explain to me the  function  of this   carbon  piece

Thanks 

gary

armagdn03

Quote from: allcanadian on March 21, 2008, 12:39:38 PM
@marcel
Charge both sides of a capacitor equally with the same potential at the same time, then disconnect one side of the cap and discharge it to ground, you now have one plate of the cap charged and one discharged  (a potential difference). Connect the "charged" cap back in a circuit and discharge it to perform work. If BOTH plates of the capacitor are charged together it is One plate of a capacitor, there is no current flow persay, we are talking about Electrostatic induction.

An interesting idea, but unfortunately in the world of physics it does not work like this. both sides of a capacitor are trying to neutralize with one another, if you were to connect one side to ground, it would not discharge into it, rather it would stay the same. Try it for yourself, think about the physics of a capacitor, and why this would be so.

Your line of thought in this area is flawed, what you are inducing in other objects through electrostatic induction is a polarity, that once brought out of the field will neutralize itself.
I wish I could turn my brain off sometimes, then I could get some sleep.