Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New image file size restriction and attachment size limit ! Please read !

Started by hartiberlin, March 03, 2008, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

I lifted up the attachment file size limit from
50Kbytes
to now
100 Kbytes.
So it is a bit easier to post bigger pictures.

So please scale your pics with a free image processing
program  like
www.Irfanview.com
to about 800x600 size as JPEG format
and save them with about 50 to 60 % compression.

Then you will get pics that are under 100 Kbytes in file size.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

hartiberlin

I have raised the maximum file size attachment per posting now to 250 KBytes.

This should be enough for very nice  1024x768 resolution pics  in JPEG format.

Also now you can again edit your former postings. I have reenabled this.

Regards, Stefan.

hartiberlin

jadaro2600

I posted my question elsewhere, however I would like to mention that, when using the GIMP image tool, ..you can save a high quality JPG and preview the compression level, notice the differences.  In photos where there is not text or information which needs to be read, then the effects can drastically improve the size of an image without destroying the content.

I can usually take an image from 300kb down to 45kb without noticeable deterioration, ..this is not the case with blueprints or circuit diagrams, as they are already very small and will exhibit ghosting or artifacts.

I believe this forum software has an ability to optimize some file formats ( with a plugin, it may be redundant and wasteful, but the original could possibly be linked as the filename while the displayed image is optimized.

If I had time, I would work on this myself, ..)

raburgeson

Stephen,

Just like the color of mars when it got out of hand. Give a 2 week notice so people can right click and copy what they want and delete it. Can't you put a 60 day timer on the posts? Then just back up the old files and offer a link to them in some free storage somewhere. Just like you did when you moved from yahoo. 4.5 gigs is just a DVD load. Anyone that wants it can have there own back up and they would use other bandwidth to do it. By the way, like your new look. It's clean and easy to find links. I say at least place some of the backup responsibility for backup of at least half of this to the members. I didn't mind backing up the old site at all.  I have it at my finger tips anytime I want it.