Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Would this work???????

Started by then00b, February 07, 2008, 12:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

then00b

Get a 1/3HP electric motor that plugs into the wall. It runs on 20 amps an spins at 1725 RPM. Then I attach a 200amp automotive alternator to it. I run wires from the alternator to an inverter and I can run my whole house on it. right?

fleebell

Yes but not very well.
1) 20 amps at 110 volts is 2200 watts.   This is about 3 hp not 1/3 hp
2) 200 amps at 12v is 2400 watts.   More than 3 hp.    Alternators cannot put out max all the time either, the windings will burn up.
Ain't gonna happen.
You also have the efficiency losses in the motor, alternator, belt? and inverter.
Maybe 1500 watts max after all that.

You'll lose close to a hp in wasted heat.... no point other than just to see if you could do it.

Nice cheap way to build charger for a large amperage 12v battery pack though if you don't want the expense of a regular high output charger. I would use a 220 volt motor though at that wattage.

Lee B
www.packratworkshop.com

then00b

I didn't think it would or someone would have already done it. Would it make a difference if you ran say 4 alternators off the motor?

fleebell

You will get even less because each alt has it's own inefficiencies plus the loss from what ever you use to drive them.  You are not going to get more out than you put in with this type of setup.   Like I said before it's a good way to make a cheap battery charger but that's about it.

Lee
www.packratworkshop.com

wizkycho

reread everything 'bout rotovrter

that way it might work (if your motor is suitable for rotoverter type oil condenser connection)

wiz