Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Steven Mark´s associate Jack Durban comes forward with more info !

Started by zapnic, March 17, 2008, 04:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

splicer

Hello everyone,
I stumbled across this tpu thing about a month ago and have been fascinated by it from the first moment. I have been following all this with great intrest. I'm not a scientist or engineer or expert in any field, I am a just a maintenance technician in the plastics industry. I have not bothered joining in or posting till now because i didnt feel i have anything of value to offer. Then today I heard the radio show. The thing that kept coming up over and over again was how these people were in the AUDIO field and how the S.M.tpu was built with SPEAKER parts.Has anyone here ever built a set of hi-fi speakers before ? Back in the day, Radio Shack was one of the best places to buy speaker components.I think if you look at the 15" S.M. tpu you will see that the coil/cap unit may actually be a speaker crossover unit.He also seemed to use a speaker spring terminal connector on this unit also.I really don't want to send anyone on a wild goose chase here, but I do want to tell you all what I hear and see in this...

(P.S) Radio Shack doesnt really sell this kind of stuff anymore, but this place certainly does:
Parts-express.com

slicer

turbo

Hi

Nothing new under the sun that i was not aware of....
I looked into these patents years ago.
I even knew about the 3D trick with the hidden speakers.

Thanks to those who did the show and those who recorded it aswell as those who called in  :)

I do not think we got any real clues about the technology.
But it is good to see that the people involved start to talk about what happend back in the days.
Maybe there will be more of them, maybe not.

Time for me to wrap another one  :)

PS. Jack if you are reading, i would like to add one question,
You said Steven sometimes turned off the unit with a load attached...
Was there any visible sign of the so called "turbine effect" as in slowly fading lamps or such?

M.

hartiberlin

Here is again my former correspondence with Mr.Doleshal.
You must read it from end to start for the right time schedule.

hello Stefan,

Yes,  its all right to repost this.  I wish I could be of more help to you, but unfortunately, most of the kind of information you are seeking simply is not available. All this happened years ago, and my own memories of most of this are hazy.  My understanding is that Steven lost interest in persuing the matter years ago when he sold the rights to what he had to UEC. All such trade secrets and information would be property of UEC, and under such an agreement, Steven would not be permitted to reveal such secrets freely to others that he had sold to UEC for money. You probably can't get much technical detail from Steven.  Eariler this year, I heard there was some group in Ireland who was very publicly making the claim to possess such a device, but I don't recall their name, nor am I in any position to evaluate their claims. Also, there was a prominent group of UFO fans based in Virginia, (run by a Medical doctor named Greer(?) that was publicly claiming to have such a device about 2 or 3 years ago. The guy seemed to be an ethical and intelligent person, but I never actually saw his tecnhology demonstrated, and have no way to evaulate his claims. However, you MIGHT have more success investigating one or both of these groups than from Steven.

Regarding UEC, the way I remember it, UEC was to be an Australian corporation, possibly with affiliates in Europe or America, but primarily an Australian entity. If so, all relevant legal documents should be a matter of public record in Australia. They should be accessible, but I an not personally familiar with Autralian business or governemental procedures. It is quite possible UEC has changed its name or been sold to some other entity, but I would not know anything about this. My understanding was that Brian Collins was setting up UEC along with his associates, but I don't know their names.  I think Steven was not wanting to be part of that company, but simply wanted to sell his technology to them.  I have no address not contact information about them.

Reagrding Paul Stemm. Yes, Paul Stemm was the lawyer who put much of this deal together. He might have been one of the partners or stock holders of UEC., but I don't know that for sure. I have not seen Paul for many years.

Regarding patents on the TPU, I don't know whether the device itself has been patented. When last I knew anything about it in the late 1990s, this had NOT been done yet. Perhaps it has been done since. But if it has been done, it should be a matter of public record. A routine patent search should turn them up. Such procedures are now fairly easy to do over the internet. I don't see how Steven or any one else could prevent such patents from being examined. If they exist and are therfore publicly examinable government documents that anyone can look at, I don't see why Steven could or should want to prevent any one from seeing them.

About where UEC may have gotten funding, I don't know that either. If they possess a working technology, the obvious strategy for raising money would be to give demonstrations to potential investors. But I haven't heard of such things being done.

As far as my involvement in the testing of the device, I can tell you this much. After consulting with a number of highly experienced, intelligent experts in the field of electrical power generation, and asking them how a clever person might fake such a device as the TPU was claimed to be, several possible tests were suggested.

First of all, was necessary that no external wires or connection be permitted. (Some inventors insist their devices need to have such cable for "grounding purposes" or whatever. But any wire leading in could be used to send in power. Any "free energy device" that can't be demonstrated without such wires is almost certainly a fraud). This TPU was an exception, because it could easily be demonstarted with no such wires, either sitting on a glass table or carried about freely. Examiners could inspect it to make sure there were no concealed wires leading into it.

A second consideration was that the output must be demonstrated to light lamps or run ordinary electrical devices in a normal fashion. Simply showing a voltage reading on a meter was not sufficient. Ordinary volt meters are designed to measure either DC current or AC current with a regular waveform.  Feeding such a meter a complex electrical waveform with erratic spikes can confuse such meters. If the current averages about 2 volts but has an occasional brief surge of 700 volts, the meter might be fooled into thinking it is seeing a current of 700 volts when it really isn't.  ALL of the so-called "overunity "devices I have ever seen appear to work this way - by confusing the meters with complex waveforms they weren't designed to measure.  A meter will read as if there was a high voltage, but the output won't light bulbs or drive motors.  Although the output of Steven's devices did register on meters as a high voltage of a specific wattage, it did not display any of the problems of these so-called over unity devices. If the meter said 600 watts, the device really would light up 600 watts worth of light bulbs or run a 600 watt motor without problems.  Wneh measured this way, Steven's TPU always passed the tests easily.

The various experts I consulted frequently suggested another possible way such a effect might be faked was if the so-called TPU devices contained some kind of tiny batteries or storage devices. However, when the best experts on battery technology available were asked about this, they were never able to explain how a device as small as a TPU could store sufficient power to supply the load.  They were sure a portable unit capable to lighting six 100 watt light bulbs for 30 minutes or an hour COULD be built, but that it would need to be many times the size and weight of a TPU that seemed able to do the same thing. Perhaps battery technology now exists that's better than what was around ten years ago, but that still wouldn't explain how Steven could do what he did back then. Besides, if Steven had such a vastly superior electricity storage system so much better than anyone elses, the thing to do would have been simply to sell it as a new kind of battery instead of pretending it was a free energy device. The market for such a battery is probably hundreds of millions of dollars per year. Steven is an intelligent an practical man. If all he wanted was the money, he'd have surely done that instead of going the much more difficult rout of claiming it was all a free energy device.

The other possibility my experts raised was that these TPU were acting as receivers for power being "broadcast" to then via induction, magnet fields or radio waves from somewhere nearby. Although this was technically an easy thing to fake, in practice such trickery would be easy to detect. For the magnet fields or radio waves need to create 600 watts of usable power in the middle of a room ten feet away would need to be VERY intense at their source.  The room containing the reciever would have to be filled with a field so strong it would make compasses spin, or cook flesh like the inside of a microwave oven.   In such a case, the output of the TPU should diminish drastically when moved even a few  feet further away from the hidden transmitter.

Thus the engineers wanting to evaluate the TPU brought testing devices like Sony-All Waves, that could detect the presence of any magnetic field or radio waves in the area, and insisted the TPU be demonstrated not just inside Steven's house but at locations some distance from the house of their own chosing. Every time this was done, no magnetic fields nor radio waves could be detected in the house, or nearby, and the device always worked just as well in the house as outside, or even several hundred yards, or a mile or so away.

I personally saw this kind of thing done several times, and Steven's devices always passed the tests every time. So althougI haven't a clue how all this was accomplished, he DID manage to accomplish it.

As for the name John Sanchez, that name is not familiar to me. However, I was in the house the day when Professor Schinzinger examined the TPU in the manner discribed in the previous paragraph.  I talked with Shinzinger a few days later by phone. He called me because he was upset with me because I had (erroneously) told people he had been convinced that the TPU was genuine, when all he had actually meant to say was that he had been unable to detect any fraud.  I asked Schinzinger if their were other tests he thought might have revealed a possible fraud better than the tests he had done, but he was unable to suggest anything specific. Schinzinger was the Dean of Engineering for years at the nearby University of California Department of Engineering, and a resepcted expert on electrical power generation systems.  A more knowledgeable person on the subject probably could not be found anywhere.  As a respected man of high intelligence and high integrity, it seemed that he was nervous letting his name be used to endorse a technology he could not explain or understand. He didn't want to be embarrassed by something that might later turn out to be revealed as a trick or a fraud. He was never convinced it was real, but even so, he was unable to find any evidence of fraud, despite what seemed like his best efforts to do so. Dr. Shinzinger was rather old then, and I have not heard from him since. Whether he is still alive now, I can't say, and if he is, neither can I say what his present opinion about all this might be.

I don't know if any of this helps you, But its about all I really know.  I know Steven was very frustrated by this years ago, and had pretty much abandoned hope of doing anything more with it when he sold it all to UEC, and moved on to other more mundane and more promising projects. He is a very talented inventer and engineer, and easily creates other kinds of devices of a non-controversial nature that can be more readily profited from in the present  economic and political environment that could things like this TPU. So far as I know, that is what he's been doing. But I haven't heard from him in many years. He used to often dream of living on a warm tropical island in the Caribbean, like Jamaica. Last time I heard from him he had earned sufficient money from his more ordinary projects to do so, and talked like he was ready to buy some land in Jamaica and move there. Far as I know, that's what he did.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me. I'll answer them as best I can, but as I have said, I probably can't be much help with the kind of technical information you are seeking simply because I don't have it and don't really know who does.

Good Luck, and Happy Hunting. If yu ever find anything interesting, please let me know. If ever make contact with Steven, please tell him I said Hello, that I wish him the best, and that I'd love to talk with him again some time.

Regards,

DAVE

Stefan Hartmann  wrote:

Hi Dave,
    many thanks for your reply.

Can I post this in the thread at
    http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,712.0.html

?

Well, do you know, who this Universal Energy Corporation
    is, that seems to be said is the holder of the rights to the TPU ?

How can they be contacted ? Do you know any address of them ?

Did Steven Mark sell the rights to them ?

Did Steven sell the rights to the TPU to his attorney Paul Stemm ?
    Is Paul Stemm or does he own Universal Energy Corporation ?

Or If Steven did not sell the rights to the TPU to UEC how did UEC gain control of the device ?

Why does Steven not what us to see the patents granted to UEC for parts of the TPU?

Do these patents really exist?

Is the Universal Energy Corporation a real company and are there public records that can be consulted that show records of this
    company?

If the UEC really exists who are the shareholders and were shares raised by making demonstrations of the TPU?

Do you know any answers to these questions ?

And Dave,
    how were you involved in all of the testing and demos at this time ?
    Did you measure yourself the output of the device with measurement equipment ?

Do you still know some other people , who I might cound contact,
    that could answer these above questions ?

Do you know John Sanchez who was with Prof. Schinzinger testing the TPU ?
    How can John Sanchez be contacted ?

Many thanks.

Best regards, Stefan.
    ----
    Dipl. Ing. Stefan Hartmann
    Moderator of the international free energy
    research forum www.overunity.com
    Keplerstr. 11 B
    10589 Berlin, Germany

----- Original Message -----
    To: "Stefan Hartmann"
    Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:56 PM
    Subject: Re: Steven Mark TPU unit witness ?

> Hello Stefan,
    >
    > I am sorry to say I probably can't be much help on this. Yes, I did see the unit in operation several times, but that was many
    years ago. I do not have any technical secrets or details of how it works, beyond being fairly sure it does not have any thing to
    do with the kinds of things so many people have been speculating about. Mark his associates are the only ones who know about this,
    and they are apparently still not revealing anything.
    >
    > What I did see when the unit was in operation was that it DID appear to operate as Mark says it does - yielding an output of
    several hundred watts, with no wires leading in to. The possibility of it containing some kind of hidden batteries within it was
    often raised by skeptics, but every consultation with battery experts or battery salesman to explain how such a thing might be faked
    using the smallest state of the art batteries came up empty handed. Mark did demonstrations in which engineers measured the
    surrounding area to see if he might somehow secretly have been sending it energy via a radio waves or magnetic fields,or something,
    but none of them ever detected anything of the sort, despite heroic efforts to do so. Potential investors hired all manner of
    high-powered experts to debunk it or detect some fraud or trickery, but none were ever able to do so.
    >
    > So what does that prove? I don't know.
    >
    > One thing I am certain of is that all attempts to settle the matter by trying to evaluate the inventors character, etc are nothing
    but a waste of time. I see people do this with other kinds of technologies, and I understand why in the absence of hard evidence
    people feel the need to fall back on this grasping at straws approach, but it is utterly worthless. It is easy to make up with
    accusations and insults or nasty stories about ANYONE, but whether true or false, they amount to nothing. There is this human
    tendency to feel that if you can somehow find a flaw in someone's behavior, morals, character etc, you can therefore feel safe in
    dismissing them. But if you look at the history of famous geniuses like Da Vinci, Galileo, Lord Byron, Newton or Edison, they all
    were rather eccentric characters with colorful and checkered pasts. Edison was apparently a very rude guy in person. Einstein had
    six girlfriends in addition to his wife. Their detractors had an easy time
    > concocting all manner of fake charges against them, but none of that - false or true - had the slightest real bearing on the
    value of their creations. The opposite is equally true. So far as I know, ALL the nasty accusations against Steven Mark manufactured
    out of thin air, mostly by people hoping to blackmail or pressure him into making a deal with them and/or angry at him when he
    wouldn't. But even if they weren't, so what? Even if you find people to swear on a stack of Bibles that the inventor was a saint of
    stellar virtues and pure motives and morals, would that really be proof that his inventions worked? I don't think so.
    >
    > Good luck with it all.
    >
    > I haven't heard from Steven Mark in many years, so I you are in contact with him, please say Hello form me and wish him the
    best, and ask him to contact me.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > DAVE
    >
    >
    >
    > Stefan Hartmann wrote: Hallo Dr. Doleshal,
    > I am running the free energy research forum site
    > www.overunity.com
    >
    > I have been getting infos from Mr. Lindsay Mannix from Australia,
    > who is currently in contact with Steven Mark,
    > that you have been seeing a TPU unit from Steven Mark
    > "live in action", so to say...
    >
    > We are in this moment discussing and researching the TPU
    > very heavily in this thread:
    >
    > http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,712.0.html
    >
    >
    > Do you still have any technical informations about it
    > and can send me your view about it ?
    >
    > Maybe you like to join my free forum and
    > also discuss it there ?
    >
    > Do you know, who exactly owns the technology in this moment ?
    > It was said it is owned by UEC, but who is it and
    > how can these persons be contacted ?
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    >
    > Gruss / Best regards, Stefan Hartmann
    > ----
    > Dipl. Ing. Stefan Hartmann
    > Moderator of the international free energy
    > research forum www.overunity.com
    > Keplerstr. 11 B
    > 10589 Berlin, Germany
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

Localjoe

@stefan

I think hes legit just has his views a bit jaded.  Overshadowing all is his view of SM being a con and Homo.  So lets make sure to take his observations at face value not his assumptions.  We know there is a control circuit wether its just that lc with a small battery and 555 or somethign else. He heastently admidt it to you kind of towards the end of your second conversation and as well Radio shack deff sells iron bailing wire i worked there for 2 years  http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049610&cp=&pg=1&sr=1&origkw=antenna+wire&kw=antenna+wire&parentPage=search  Good questions ;) :)
                                                                                                                                  Joe
GET THIS ONE - Bush wants to stop Iran from enriching uranium .. now as oberman said and others any drunk coke head can find out how to do this not just bush.

Also in reality Google has provided this info for some time.. so heres my point.

It's OK for GOOGLE TO PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS FOR URANIUM ENRICHMENT but not OK FOR FOLKS TO SHARE TORRENTS OF MUSIC THEY POTENTIALLY OWN> AS WELL THEIR GOODS SHOULD BE SEIZED AND CHECKED AT AIRPORTS For copyright infringement.. ?????

This is the world we live in. More concerned if some exec doesn't get his buck than if some terrorist blows us to hell..

hartiberlin

Tracking the Spheric Audio Labs seems to be pretty hard.
I just called their supposed number:
714/668-1180

but this was a wrong number.

As I can not call in this moment
the
800.774.3742 Toll free number
from Germany, maybe someone else can do
it and ask for an employee that was around already 13 years
ago,
when Steven Mark still worked at
Speric Audio Labs and ask what his job was .
Many thanks.

Here are a few articles I found about this company on the web:

SANTA ANA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 28, 1994--Extreme Technologies Inc. (OTC:EXTMF)(VSE:XT) Wednesday announced that the company has changed the name of its wholly owned subsidiary PCBX Systems Inc. to Extreme TeleCom Inc.
advertisement
Click Here

The name change reflects the company's goal to offer a broad range of telecommunication systems for business applications.

Extreme TeleCom develops and markets several telecommunication product lines including a personal computer branch exchange (PCBX) which permits the operation of a full-featured telephone network control system from a centrally located personal computer. The system is comprised of an integrated circuit board which fits into a personal computer and has a number of advanced features.

Extreme Technologies is the parent company of three subsidiaries: Extreme Laboratories Inc. develops innovative sound technologies; Extreme TeleCom Inc. offers small- to medium-sized businesses integrated PC-based telephone networks through its proprietary PcBX TelCard; and PortaCom International Ltd. is involved in securing licensing, installation and operation of cellular telephone systems and other wireless communication services.

Extreme Technologies is listed on the Vancouver Stock Exchange and is quoted on the OTC Electronic Bulletin Board in the United States.

Christine Flaherty/Karin Olsen, 310/785-0515
               or
              Extreme Technologies Inc., Santa Ana
              Francis T. Phalen, 714/668-1180

Extreme Technologies Chairman Scott Mednick appointed to the additional post of CEO; President Phalen resigns for personal reasons.
Publication: Business Wire
Date: Thursday, February 9 1995
Subject: Officials and employees, Telecommunications systems
Company: Extreme Technologies Inc. Officials and employees
Product: Communications Equipment, Telecommunication Systems, Communications Equipment Manufacturing
You are viewing page 1

SANTA ANA, CALIFORNIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 9, 1995--EXTREME TECHNOLOGIES,INC.(OTC:EXTMF & VSE:XT) announced that Scott A. Mednick, Chairman, has been appointed to the additional post of Chief Executive Officer of the Company effective Friday, Feb. 10, 1995. At the same time, Francis T. Phalen will resign as President and CEO for personal reasons. Phalen remains on the Board of Directors and

According to Mednick, "steps have been taken to ensure continuity as Phalen steps down. Frank will also serve as a consultant and Director of the Company. The Company's future remains bright, and we expect a series of positive developments to be reported over the next several months."

Phalen additionally commented that his resignation is for personal reasons and that he plans to "remain active from the sidelines and as a consultant with no plans to dispose of my common stockholdings." He also stated "I am confident of the future prospects of the Company and regret that I will be unable to participate from an internal viewpoint in the spectacular growth that I believe will occur."

Extreme Technologies, Inc., formerly International PcBX System, Inc., is the parent company of three subsidiaries: Extreme Laboratories, Inc. which develops innovative sound technologies; Extreme TeleCom, Inc., offers small to medium-sized businesses integrated PC-based telephone services through its proprietary PcBX TeleCard; and PortaCom International, Ltd. which in involved in securing licensing, installation and operation of cellular telephone systems and other wireless communication services.

(714) 668-1180
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum