Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How a Free Energy Transformer Works - In Simple Terms

Started by supermuble, November 21, 2008, 11:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyulasun

Quote from: volypok on November 28, 2008, 09:00:53 PM
Let me now introduce the following design. Primary is wound horisontally on the outside vertical bars of soft iron, 100 turns, inductance = 0.065282 Hn; whereas the secondary is wound vertically on the top and bottom parts of the additional oval shaped core.
As you may see in this case, magnetic flux from the primary has a choice of direction to follow - either vertically, closing on the opposing magnetic pole of the same core piece, or horisontally through the oval shaped core, closing on the opposing magneting pole of the other primary core piece. In this particular case 70% of magnetic flux follows the latter path, thus inducing EMF in the secondaries.

Hi Volypok,

I am not a 100% sure on your coils placement. So the primary coil is wound completely outside (horizontally) and no any one turn of the wire enters inside the window of the oval, is that right?

Regarding the secondary coil,

1) is it ok to say you wind two normal coils at 12 and 6 o'clock positions onto the central oval closed core, meaning you enter into the center window of the oval with every turns just like as if you wind a normal coil into a normal toroidal core?

2) you do not enter the wire into the central window of the oval core when winding the secondary coil and you always guide the wire on the outside of the central oval core vertically, never entering the wire into the window at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions.

Which is the way you mean? I guess probably #2.

Which software do use for simulation, is it Vizimag?

Thanks
Gyula

volypok

Hi Gyula,
thank you for your interest.
Yes, the primary does not touch the oval, it is would on the external cores only (shown in green).
Regarding the secondary coil your first assumption is correct - 2 coils at 12 and 6 o'clock just like as if you wind a normal coil into a normal toroidal core (dark red).
P.S. modeling software is ELCUT

gyulasun

Hi Volypok,

Thanks for clarification on the coils now I got it.

I assume you used air gaps between the C cores and the oval core, right? 

Also I think the cross section areas of the oval core at 12 and 6 o'clock is made deliberately smaller than the rest of the core, so that flux from the primary should see higher reluctance through them, right?

I have not heard of ELCUT but now I searched and found QuickField, a more up-to-date version of it, for those not knowing them, see this link here: http://quickfield.com/  and the student version is freely downloadable here: http://quickfield.com/free_soft.htm  their latest version just came out last month. :)

Regards,
Gyula

volypok

Hey gyulasun,

you are correct about air gaps between primary core and the oval. About cross sections at 12 and 6 o'clock - the best arrangement would be when 100% of the magnetic flux from the primary traverses these sections, I believe this should increase efficiency of the transformer.

supermuble

Aren't we trying to make the flux path stronger (less reluctance) for the secondary coils on the larger core. On the primary, the flux path should have a very good path, but the flux path for the secondary should be even better so it cannot come back to interact with the primary causing Lenz's law. Right?

Here is a diagram similar to yours, it is the Thane Heins transformer. It appears that flux leaks out, but the canceling back EMF flux is not given much ability to directly oppose the primary flux.