Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Perpetual Motion Wheel Design (Quite Simple)

Started by Alexioco, March 22, 2008, 10:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexioco

Quote from: AB Hammer on March 27, 2008, 09:37:05 PM
OK Alex

lets look a little tighter. The spring length will depend on the flex for to determine length. You want it to be just enough to hold, but the more flexible it is you want a stronger hold, so it will have to be longer to keep it from slipping off prematurely. Now lest look at the swing. We need it to be able to accelerates faster than the wheel turns. Now the drop will not allow it to be fast enough so maybe an added heavy weight closer to the axle to put the pressure on for the release, or some form of shifting unit. This is to remind you that the release weight is still swinging in the same direction trying to go faster than the wheel. In this case study Newton's law. 

Couldn't I just keep the wheel moving slowly then when the weight is released it will go faster because gravity will pull on it? Say the wheel was revolving quite slowly, because you have put some device to keep it at a steady speed, when the weight swings, it just like holding up a pendulum and letting it go, that wont go slowly, there is nothing to stop it, so it will make it to the stopper, am I correct?

Also, with the wheel already moving slowly, wont that add to the speed of the swing?
The love of God is great and true,
A special thing for Him and you,
A perfect friend, a Father too,
Lift up your hearts for He is true.

AB Hammer

If you do this, the best you could hope for is a clock motor or just a novelty toy if you can get it to work at all. You need it to be strong and as fast a possible (with in reason). So what I suggest is to design about 10 and then try to figure out why they will not work, and then see what it will take to make them work. This should help you in your designing.
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

bluesgtr44

Quote from: Alexioco on March 29, 2008, 08:36:20 AM
Quote from: AB Hammer on March 27, 2008, 09:37:05 PM
OK Alex

lets look a little tighter. The spring length will depend on the flex for to determine length. You want it to be just enough to hold, but the more flexible it is you want a stronger hold, so it will have to be longer to keep it from slipping off prematurely. Now lest look at the swing. We need it to be able to accelerates faster than the wheel turns. Now the drop will not allow it to be fast enough so maybe an added heavy weight closer to the axle to put the pressure on for the release, or some form of shifting unit. This is to remind you that the release weight is still swinging in the same direction trying to go faster than the wheel. In this case study Newton's law. 

Couldn't I just keep the wheel moving slowly then when the weight is released it will go faster because gravity will pull on it? Say the wheel was revolving quite slowly, because you have put some device to keep it at a steady speed, when the weight swings, it just like holding up a pendulum and letting it go, that wont go slowly, there is nothing to stop it, so it will make it to the stopper, am I correct?

Also, with the wheel already moving slowly, wont that add to the speed of the swing?

Alex, you can add a friction device to the bearings to control the speed or you could attach it to a flywheel device and use reducing gears/sprockets. If your device stands any chance, it will have to be controlled so the reaction forces don't kick your butt.

In this case, I would suggest using a flywheel set-up....as far as the speed of the swing? That is going to be tricky and the points of release and catch will be also. I might would suggest trying to find an old ten speed bicycle sprocket to use....this would give you some options on reduction ratios.....

Steve

AB Hammer

Good suggestion Steve

But I don't think that will be the answer. I have found that Alex has a very good eye and a good imagination, and I don't want him to burn out or become over compulsive, or following to many other ideas. I am posting this statements openly to let him know that he needs to learn the effects of his test for that will allow him a clearer understanding and he will be able to think more clearly about what he is designing. If he was in visiting distance, he would be welcome to work with me, so he could learn how to build and fabricate the parts needed, and as well use the test wheels bases I have as well. He has a fire in his heart and it does not need to get out of control and burn him out.
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

Alexioco

Yeah :P, sometimes I look for others ways, and never finish my older projects, I would really like to work and learn from you, I am English, so we are quite a distance  :-\
Also, I like the idea about (adding a friction device to the bearings to control the speed or attach it to a flywheel device and use reducing gears/sprockets) and (find an old ten speed bicycle sprocket to use....this would give you some options on reduction ratios.....) that's great, then my wheel would go slow enough for the weights to swing and catch the stopper.

P.S, Thanks for the compliments  ;D
The love of God is great and true,
A special thing for Him and you,
A perfect friend, a Father too,
Lift up your hearts for He is true.