Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity Magnetic Motor

Started by TheOne, March 29, 2008, 12:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aleks

Well, why not? The motive factor there is a weight concentrated in an magnet on a shaft (the wheel itself should be considered balanced). Remove the opposing magnet on the ground, and the wheel will stop almost instantly due to a lot of friction in such unprecise wheel structure (there is some bulge on the wheel which makes wheel a bit unbalanced). Also a magnet on a shaft works as a piston and it creates a lot of air resistance due to turbulences. Well, as was noted, the energy is gained when the shaft magnet slides. E=mv^2/2, the sliding motion is fast and so some energy should be popping out from somewhere.

A correction: author specifically made the wheel unbalanced by adding the weight (which I called 'bulge'). So, not only shaft magnet, but also this bulge provides un-counteracted gravity pull.

aleks

tinu, instead of playing a 'bad cop' role, try to critisize device's objective qualities.

As for me, I cannot find a flaw here. First of all, the torque of the wheel pushes the base magnet and gives a growth to potential energy arising from interaction of two magnets (the torque is transformed into potential energy of magnet interaction). If there was no gravity pull, the same thing would happen - the shaft magnet would slide off the base magnet, returning most (but not all) stored potential energy to the wheel. However, as you can see, gravity (through the unbalanced wheel) is also pushing the base magnet with additional force, and so the returned energy is slightly larger than the torque push of the wheel. Of course, the existence of initial torque in the wheel is important.

In my opinion, this device is a great example of torque and gravity force coupling while magnet interaction and sliding works like a lossless inertia redirector. I think a spring or air compressor could as well be used with a clever arrangmenet, but permanent magnet is simpler. Inertia redirection is the same thing as storing potential energy in a spring along one axis, rotating the spring and releasing the stored energy along another axis.

I think that in physical formulation terms, torque and gravity force coupling produces a summary force that is indistinguishable from both gravity and torque, and so you can't really tell which force stores the potential energy. However, when the magnet slides, this potential energy is transferred to the wheel and increases its torque. So, before making any 'no' conclusions you should first consider how much of the original torque is transferred back when the magnet slides if there was no gravity pull. Well, if it's close to 100%, then I'm on a safe side to assume this coupling produces overunity energy from gravity pull.

aleks

You know what? I think 'perpetual motion' devices are forbidden to patent because governmental patent offices CANNOT be sure perpetual motion is impossible. If somebody ever patents a perpetual motion machine, that engineer will put a huge stress on the national economy since during 25 years he will be the sole owner of the device. So, the concern of patent offices is not about impossibility of perpetual motion machine, but about consequences this may have on the nation.

This is actually very good since perpetual motion machine is doomed to become public domain and so it won't break a governmental status quo - it will only change economical reality.

CLaNZeR

I am surprised that more people have not tried this one as seems one of the easier replications.

I havent got a Bike wheel, so thought I would try the concept out with a weighted small wheel first before spending money hehe

I used one of my old magnet wheels and some strong neo's down the bottom. Then used Neo's on the top wheel as weights till I got the balance right as can be seen in the video below.

I think the stroke is too long and hence pulls the ring magnet too far out, with a bike wheel I should be able to bring that in shorter by sliding it along the spokes.

Will post more soon.

Video link below showing me playing with adding magnets.

http://www.overunity.org.uk/omega/CLaNZeRplayingwiththeOMEGAMotor1.wmv

Cheers

Sean.
http://www.overunity.org.uk

Omega_0

QuoteI am surprised that more people have not tried this one as seems one of the easier replications.

This is on the tube since march, and I was wondering why no one has given any attention, because it is obviously WORKING (at least in the video)
So I assumed that I must have missed the story where someone showed it to be a hoax. But I think no one tried yet and there is still some hope.
I saw it posted in Quinn's thread, but everyone was busy in mud slinging there and I was waiting for that drama to end (with a tiny tiny hope of seeing something, but thank god it ended)

Anyway, PM inventors have a strange tendency to throw away the very first working model into trash or allow their dogs and girlfriends to do it for the sake of humanity and the story repeats every time. So this case is also suspicious. Even then, there is no harm trying, because its so simple.

I don't think it needs a bike wheel necessarily, any good wheel with a big weight on the rim will do. And the trick is to place the connecting rod exactly at a point on the wheel where the repulsion from the static magnet below it just manages to lift it back to the starting point.

So the major variables are the weight on the rim (which tries to turn the wheel down and opposes its lift back up), the force of magnet below (which pushed the wheel up against the weight) and the timing of events( exactly when should the magnets approach each other, during the rotation position of the weight)

Well, not so simple anyway :D

Meanwhile a replication by someone : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b73vKnCp2s4
I have more respect for the fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a thousand ideas who does nothing - Thomas Alva Edison