Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Such thing as too small of AWG? 44?

Started by EvilXBOX, April 04, 2008, 02:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilXBOX

oh, and I actually have two flyback transformers fram a tv and a monitor that I might figure out how to use if it makes the spark I need, because dont those go up to 20KV?

capthook

If you want to wind a small coil to pulse as an electromagnet on a clock pendulum ( one of the few applications I've ever heard of using such small wire) then #44 could be appropriate.

A pulse coil/electromagnet is all about Amp-Turns (AT).  There are two primary considerations for maximizing AT:  Amps through coil and # of Turns in coil.  The third is resistance.

There are many ways to mix and match - it's almost more of an art than science in some ways....but...

Using many, many turns of tiny wire will NOT produce a more powerful electromagnet as the huge resistance in such a coil will result in TINY Amperage through coil.  The more turns, the less the amps - so it's almost self defeating - BUT - amps is almost more important - especially as the resistance grows.  100,000 turns at .000001 amps will be a very weak coil.  The idea is to find a compromise.  Target your prefered amp draw - wind a coil of a complementary resistance.

Having wound many, many different styles of coils over the last few months (30 different kinds) - I find that #22 to #26 is a good size. (for low amp draw - larger wire for higher amps ie. #14)

Examples of 1" x 1" coils on a 3/8" x 3" tap bolt core.

#1) #22 AWG 125? 2.3 ohm coil: (1 1/4" w x 1" h)
Meter: 1.03V x .43A = .44W   206 AT

#2 ) #22 AWG 40? .7 ohm coil: (3/4" w x 1" h)
Meter: .6V x .9A = .54 watts   144 AT

#3) #26 AWG 75?  2.8 ohm coil:
Meter: 1.12V x .42A = .47W   150 AT

#4) #30 AWG 200' 30.7 ohm coil:
Meter: 1.42V x .044A = .062W   52 AT

Notice the small AT's of coil #4 even though it uses more feet and # of turns of wire.....

So a ton of turns of #44 AWG will be of such high resistance you would have a hard time getting enough amps though it to give any significant amp-turns.
You talk about voltage - voltage will only figure into the total power consumed.  The strength of the coil depends on Amps.

CH

EvilXBOX

I'm still standing by the miliAmp theory as it doesn't require all that energy, and more turns make the EM Flux Desnsity...the thinner outperforms if you use enough of it, which I will...I need to check if it always outperforms though.
I'm not concerning myself with larger amps, so anyone reading and replying to this thread, be sure your aim is with miliamps, and I can explain it once more...pretend you have a capicitor fully charged, and a big resister(thinner wire)...the time it takes to difuse it all versus a smaller resistor, is much larger, when doing the same application, means with the same energy, I will still open and collapse a feild, which is the other main gain point.
still letting current through, whch is what we want, I just want 2KV going up and down very often, just not alot of it going through

EvilXBOX

I should prob use a diff word than mag  flux density since the smaller the wire, the less dense, but the point it you save energy back, and you do huge voltage for a constant on/off of KV sizes

capthook

You seemed to have already made up your mind before starting this thread as you seem to ignore/invalidate the suggestions/advice offered you.

Good luck winding your 8 mile long #44 AWG coils.   ::)