Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Johann Bessler information

Started by John Collins, May 23, 2008, 02:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgraphic911

@hans

Thank you very much for your translation and thoughts on the toys page. I was of some of the same thinking but without the knowledge to give myself any legitimacy i would have been recieved as a looney bird. I believe that in your translation we are being told to look at an "action" about a point that they all share. And that i can grasp a little better than the holy grail philosphy that the wheel is represented in that picture. 

I was meaning to try and find specific translations that i feel are materially being misunderstood in some of the early Mt's. I will try and find them and their texts. If you have time to peek at a few more.

Dave

hansvonlieven

Quote from: Dgraphic911 on May 29, 2008, 09:41:16 AM

I was meaning to try and find specific translations that i feel are materially being misunderstood in some of the early Mt's. I will try and find them and their texts. If you have time to peek at a few more.

Dave

Not a problem Dave, I see what I can do.

Hans
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

John Collins

QuoteI can neither prove nor disprove that Bessler had a working wheel, since I was not there and did not have a chance to examine it.  If he had one that works, it was not based on gravity, but something else.  A gravity wheel alone can never work.

Furthermore, have you even considered what water and wind are?  Water power is directly derived from gravity, as it is merely falling water.  So to compare water and gravity makes no sense.   And to call falling water a conservative force is ridiculous.  You have waves of molecules transferring their kinetic energy to the wheel, that is all.

Wind is not much different.  It is affected not only by gravity but atmospheric pressure and other factors, but the end result is the same - series of molecules transferring their kinetic energy. You cannot compare it to a force like magnetism or gravity.

OK Util.  Firstly you have taken the analogy from my web site out of context.  I specifically mentioned that the conservative effect is localised.  That means that for the windmill blade, the wind is a continuous force pushing against it, like gravity on an object with mass, and at that scale it has exactly the same features as a conservative force.  You will find also that in wind physics, the wind is clasaified as a conservative force.  As a localised feature it is irrelevant where or how the wind originated.

Secondly, these are analogies; ways of looking at problems and likening them to other similar instances to try to understand them

I have been arguing this pont for ten years and if you cannot accept it that's fine,  but there are many who do.

John
John Collins - author of the Johann Besseler / Orffyreus biography

John Collins

Thank you for your translation, Hans.  Good work.

Your version:-
Quote5 children?s toys in whose yoke (fulcrum, pivot) something special works (is at work), for whoever knows how to apply it in a different manner.

This what I made of it but I don't speak German.

Either "5. Children's game in which there is something extraordinary for anyone who knows how to apply the game in a different way.?

Or alternatively, ?Fifthly - the children are instrumental, through their play, in causing the force - through some particular impulse - to be transferred from the abandoned foot to be applied to the other."

Any comments welcomed.

John
John Collins - author of the Johann Besseler / Orffyreus biography

hansvonlieven

Quote from: John Collins on May 30, 2008, 12:31:39 PM
Thank you for your translation, Hans.  Good work.

Your version:-5 children?s toys in whose yoke (fulcrum, pivot) something special works (is at work), for whoever knows how to apply it in a different manner.
This what I made of it but I don't speak German.

Either "5. Children's game in which there is something extraordinary for anyone who knows how to apply the game in a different way.?

Or alternatively, ?Fifthly - the children are instrumental, through their play, in causing the force - through some particular impulse - to be transferred from the abandoned foot to be applied to the other."

Any comments welcomed.

John

G'day John,

I am sorry, but you, or your translator, is trying to read something into this passage that simply is not there. Bessler is being very specific here. I have given you the literal translation, not an interpretation. The difficulty in your version arises because of the interpretation of the word "Spiele" which your translator reads as games. This would be a fair and accurate translation if we were talking about contemporary German. But we are not!

Modern German makes a distinction between game (Spiel) and toy (Spielzeug, or game apparatus, if you wish). Medieval German and Renaissance German (which is really what we are talking about here) did not make such distinction. The word "Spiel" applies to both and the interpretation is context dependent. There are two clues as to what is meant here. First, the obvious one, the pictures of toys. Secondly the use of the word "Joch" for which I gave three possible, but related, meanings. Since a game cannot possibly have a "Joch" it is clear that he is referring to an object! Which means that the correct translation of the word "Spiel" here is toy and not game.

It is not enough to speak German in order to translate Bessler. An intimate acquaintance with the language usage of the period in question is also required.

I will give you now my interpretation of what Bessler is saying here.

"There is something special in these 5 toys in the way they move, which can be applied in a different way".

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx