Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Stainless steel wire

Started by dankie, May 30, 2008, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanti

Quote from: vdubdipr on June 09, 2008, 09:01:27 AM
this should settle you up    http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Workshop/advice/coils/

Well, if you would like to do a bifilar coil. This will not really be of a big help...At least if you do it bifilar with opposing magnetic fields...Because a "theoretically optimal" bifilar would have no inductance at all and would just be a resistor. Thank god, that in practise this is not the case. And if you use magnetic stainless there you will recognize a big difference between a copper coil and a magnetic stainless steel wire coil.

Quote from: raburgeson on June 09, 2008, 09:48:53 AM
Stanley used stainless wire because it doesn't react to Hydrogen, Oxygen, or water.

Well I don't think that what you state makes sense. Sure you should take stainless steel for the WFC itself and for its connection wires. But then you should use austentic steel like 316 and surely not 430FR like Stanley, because 430FR does definitely not have a good corrosion resistance...
And it would certainly make no sense using it for wiring a coil, because the coil doesn't get in contact with the water.
Even if it would get into contact with water (splash), it would still not make sense, for the wire itself is coated and so does never get in contact with water...
And taking a wire with higher resistance and especially which is much much costlier would make absolutely no sense...if there would not be a special property which is needed...magnetism...

vdubdipr

i have a sneaky suspicion that leads me to believe stanley coated his electrodes with a conductive metal/ plolymer plastic like the new noryl that came out not to long ago.
thats just what i think...

raburgeson

I haven't been able to find 316L wire, I had to settle for 314L. I also couldn't get 12 gauge and had to settle for 14. Choices are hard and availability is weird. But you are right most stainless alloys corrode. Exceptions are 704, 316, 314L, 316L, and 660. Magnetic wire has many problems that will limit response of oscillating circuits. Residual magnetism increases inductive lag. It also usually has greater internal resistance. Iron is not one of the best conductors depending more on skin effect. Under the right circumstances though Iron displays some amazing properties. Iron was forbidden to be mentioned by Gabriel Kron, inventor of a negative resistor in the 30s that powered a circuit. Meyers also used 314, that surface corrodes a little bit. I have seen many references for 314 in his patents, it can become slightly magnetic, you are right it makes no sense, unless you are purposely looking for a higher impedance or limiting your oscillating ability and using it on purpose. Well my connection is DC and I'll keep my mouth shut and listen to you guys work this a little. Back in the 20s they sold iron coils, they weren't bifilar though.

Shanti

Quote from: raburgeson on June 10, 2008, 03:19:55 AM
Meyers also used 314, that surface corrodes a little bit. I have seen many references for 314 in his patents, it can become slightly magnetic, you are right it makes no sense, unless you are purposely looking for a higher impedance or limiting your oscillating ability and using it on purpose. Well my connection is DC and I'll keep my mouth shut and listen to you guys work this a little. Back in the 20s they sold iron coils, they weren't bifilar though.

I think you mean 304 (like in your first mention) not 314. Well he recommended the 304 for the Watercell itself, but as I said, he recommended 430F for the Coil (See Technical Briefs).
Well in the early times they often used iron wires with some tissue as insulation, for copper wasn't as available as today...

According to your 316 wire. Well just in the first message here is a link to a seller for 316 wire...

Well and you certinaly don't have to shut your mouth, it's always good to have as many viewpoints as possible. This makes a forum living...

Quote from: vdubdipr on June 09, 2008, 03:24:01 PM
i have a sneaky suspicion that leads me to believe stanley coated his electrodes with a conductive metal/ plolymer plastic like the new noryl that came out not to long ago.

Well, what makes you think that way? And what would be the benefit for it? It think especially his injector plug cannot have such a polymer coating, for it would not be able to withstand the high temperatures...
Currently I see it like that, that his device works like a plasma focus device. First you charge the water to a high potential (ionize it, so that it gets Plasma properties) and then you initiate a plasma wave in the water. You could even take advantage of the fact, that the WFC itself is in a coaxial configuration, which means, that at the end the voltage wave gets reflected back, so you are actually able to produce a standing wave in the WFC, which should help you enormously to ionize and get the water more and more behave like a plasma.
Because this "plasma" would then only have a few charged particles, but mainly neutral ones, the anisotopry should be quite high. This yields interesting effects, e.g. that the resistance transverse to the magnetic field is much higher (the transverse resistance increases with the square of the field strength).
Well there would be a lot of other things, but I think this would be the wrong place...