Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Moon-landings - NASA's Hoaxes & Lies (new video evidence)

Started by Sprocket, June 06, 2008, 12:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoptoad

I don't have any doubt that the Apollo missions culminated in numerous manned moon landings.

But in playing the devil's advocate, let's assume it is all a hoax. What harm or good is done, and by who to whom ?

Even if the landings never took place, and it was all just propaganda, the space race, in and of itself, spured on human ingenuity, inventiveness and collaboration amongst scientists, on both sides of the cold war fence. This alone was a feat in itself, with the USSR and US eventually finding more common political ground via scientific collaboration in space, instead of rivalrous competition. An international pecedent of collaboration, set by the scientific world, even as the ardent militarists on both sides shook their heads!

Cheers

mikestocks2006

This sure is interesting. It does raise questions about the credibility of what is presented for public consumption.

"Moon rock' given to Holland by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin is fake
A moon rock given to the Dutch prime minister by Apollo 11 astronauts in 1969 has turned out to be a fake.
Curators at Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum, where the rock has attracted tens of thousands of visitors each year, discovered that the "lunar rock", valued at £308,000, was in fact petrified wood.
Xandra van Gelder, who oversaw the investigation, said the museum would continue to keep the stone as a curiosity.
"It's a good story, with some questions that are still unanswered," she said. "We can laugh about it."
The rock was given to Willem Drees, a former Dutch leader, during a global tour by Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin following their moon mission 50 years ago."

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/6105902/Moon-rock-given-to-Holland-by-Neil-Armstrong-and-Buzz-Aldrin-is-fake.html

Interesting thread,
Thanks
Mike

e2matrix

Another tidbit I find amusing that we should equate the fake moon rock with anything at all.  They said it was valued at over 300 thousand pounds which is almost 1/2 million U.S. dollars -- in fact just 4 years ago that would have been well over a half million dollar 'rock'.   So you think with that kind of value and it having changed hands a number of times that no one might have got sticky fingers?   Maybe swap it for a chunk of petrified wood?   I know mikestocks2006 isn't drawing any conclusions here so I'm not saying it's bad that you brought this up but I can hardly believe that anyone would want to use that as evidence that we didn't go to the Moon.   Now if the other 100 rocks they gave out are all fake too we might think about it but what about those.  No one else has claimed they got a fake rock.   Considering that story came out in August of 2009 surely some others were looking at their Moon rocks and if they were fake I'm sure there would have been many more speaking out.   But apparently some others have been stolen and forged:
Here is a little more regarding this:  "Of the 270 Apollo 11 Moon Rocks and Apollo 17 Goodwill Moon Rocks that were given to the nations of the world by the Nixon Administration approximately 180 are currently unaccounted for. Many of the moon rocks that are accounted for have been locked away in storage for decades. The location of the rocks has been tracked by researchers and hobbyists because of their rarity and the difficulty of obtaining more. Moon rocks have been subjects of theft and forgery as well."

mikestocks2006

Agreed, but also we need to keep in mind, the knife cuts both ways.

One would expect other museums, or any of the 100 or so moon rock holders to run tests in order to confirm if they really have the real rocks at hand and ofc at least a number of them would come out and publish the results. After all we are talking some significant value attached to them

Since there is silence, who knows? Maybe they got confirm but did not publish, or proved fakery and did not publish, or they did not do any tests at all. Maybe the rocks were stolen and sold in the black market? Kept it unpublished to avoid embarrassment?

Either way it sure does raise some questions/speculations.
Thanks
Mike

eatenbyagrue

Quote from: mikestocks2006 on May 27, 2013, 05:20:28 PM
Agreed, but also we need to keep in mind, the knife cuts both ways.

One would expect other museums, or any of the 100 or so moon rock holders to run tests in order to confirm if they really have the real rocks at hand and ofc at least a number of them would come out and publish the results. After all we are talking some significant value attached to them

Since there is silence, who knows? Maybe they got confirm but did not publish, or proved fakery and did not publish, or they did not do any tests at all. Maybe the rocks were stolen and sold in the black market? Kept it unpublished to avoid embarrassment?

Either way it sure does raise some questions/speculations.
Thanks
Mike

It raises as much questions/speculations as there would be if I got tricked into buying a fake iPad and then said, "Hmmmm, maybe there never was a thing like the iPad.  We were all duped!"