Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

light from water and chlorox??

Started by FreeEnergy, June 07, 2008, 05:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeEnergy

Quote from: nul-points on June 07, 2008, 11:06:50 PM
hi Free

my quote "At night, switch off automatically" is cut-and-pasted directly from their website

the 'switch' happens at sunset!    (and the additional light will be pretty weak even before then)

if it was possible to switch it off some other way, they wouldn't need for the old lady to stand on a chair and cover it with a bucket when they wanted to show how dark the room would be without it shining into the room

if there's any bleach product added to the water then it's to stop the water growing mold with time

believe me, like i said above - it's just a clever light-pipe!

actually i was quoting it from the video not the website.

Pirate88179

Excellent adaptation of TIR. (total internal reflection/refraction)  Yes, I agree this is a light pipe variation.  Does anyone know what he used in the end of the bottles?  A lens of some kind?  Or, possible just a piece of clear plastic (fiber optic)?

This is a great use of this idea.  It really seems to put out the light.  I don't like all of the holes in the roof with sealant around them, which may leak after a while.  It would seem to me that one could have a "collector" and used fiber optic lines that could run to each bottle.  This way, only one entry point for the group of lines and they could distribute from that entry point.

Thanks for posting the video.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

nul-points

hi Bill

Moser says he uses a case ('potinho') for a camera film to cover & protect the bottle cap (presumably so the seal doesn't degrade in the UV from the sunlight)

i'm with you on the practical aspects, Bill - holes in the roof don't seem like a good idea to me - i guess it's a trade-off between efficiency and cost: part of the thinking behind this project was 'recycling' everyday objects which they say would only end up as landfill or street debris otherwise

there's another project they have, using similar components, where they just lay bottles refilled with water in the sun & have the UV rays sterilise the water

@Free
it's clear from the video, when you see them visiting buildings to film the 'sun-lamps' in action, that the sun is shining outdoors & then the rooms they go into have little natural light - hence the benefit of adding these bottles in the roof

if these lamps worked after dark they could have visited the homes at night and got a more impressive demonstration

in the video they hold a bottle up to the sunlight straight after filling, so you can see something of the TIR effect, even outdoors

i think you'll find they don't work after sundown  ;)

like Bill says, thanks for posting the video - it's a neat idea

all the best
sandy

Doc Ringwood's Free Energy site  http://ringcomps.co.uk/doc
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

triffid

I liked this because it's low cost solar lighting.I guess one could use clear plastic tubing for special effects.triffid

Bulbz

I think that is cool  8). Good way of bringing sunlight into a dark warehouse, without unnecessary use of electricity during the day.
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.