Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Big Brother 2008 : Austraila : Archer Quinn reality subscribers only

Started by jratcliff, June 25, 2008, 01:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exxcomm0n

At the risk of being labeled "stupid" (although that's never stopped me before) I gave up $75USD  to the fund to make good on a promise I made in another forum.

While I still think that jratcliffs reasoning on the possibility of "new" (let's get away from this "free" energy concept as it's just.....misleading) energy discovery is completely whacked (no offense, this is my OPINION), I do heartily agree with his reasoning for donation (and that's what it is. Even more so it's like gambling (buying a large lottery ticket when the prize gets big).

You win, you win BIG.

You lose, and even though you lost, you got the entertainment of "hope".

I believe my expenditure, at the very least, covers the entertainment (even though I created a bit of it myself) and EDUCATIONAL aspect of the thread, and even if it turns out that it doesn't work, it was worth it for that reason only.

So, if you can't/don't want to get off your ass and verify or disprove the ideas, the least you can do is pay for the entertainment and EDUCATION (I think that last part is the most important).

If you wanna call me a fool and point and laugh (which some seem to be here expressly for that reason), go ahead. It won't bother me.

Until you step up with physical action vs. keyboard exercise, you're just dancing pixels on a screen and it seems just too silly to worry about the opinion of pixels.

So far, I know of very few thread contributors that have left their "comfort zone" and experimented (and even video'd and posted to the Tube), or had the "balls" to put their real name and reputation into the foray.

But it has not been just supporters doing the above, but debunkers as well, so I cannot say 1 group is any better than the other. I'll just congratulate anyone from either side who tries.

Now, I'd like to debate jratcliffs stance on the "free energy" discovery.

Bud, it's opinions like yours that should have killed the water wheel, windmill, steam engine, airplane, nuclear reactor, etc.

I agree 100% with your right to HAVE your opinion, I just don't agree 100% with it for the reasoning above.

Now to SUPPORT your stance, I believe that the quest for energy efficiency in what we do have/are using should be just as important as seeking new energy sources.

Internal combustion engines are still woefully inefficient, as just about any fueled motor/turbine. We wouldn't have the catalytic converter or jet trails if fossil fuel combustion worked 100%.

If you see Archers quest as "windmill tilting" go right ahead, but please also use your intellect to think of how your use of the energy we know about today can be more efficient, cool?

I will keep an open mind (fly ;) ) about new energy being able to be discovered, even though some had failed in the past.

You kind of have to fail, to succeed sometimes.
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

jratcliff

Well spoken exx!  And thanks for contributing to the show, I hope this new season will be as entertaining as the first one was.

John