Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Has any one ever made a motorized bike with like a 80cc motor?

Started by Haliburton, June 14, 2008, 10:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haliburton

Has any one ever made a motorized bike with like a 80cc motor?  If so was it hard to install the motor, and what engine kit works good for a fair price.  I heard that the boygofast  kit on ebay works fine.  please leave some feed back! ??? 

ramset

one of my boys did  wasn't hard to do 2-3 hrs tops   start with a decent bike [with shocks] ill ask him tommorow what brand [cheap 100 bucs] its still going [2-300 miles]      Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

Haliburton

the BOYGOFAST kit on ebay is like 160$.  and a beach cruiser from commi Wallyworld is like 99$.  So for under 300 bucks i can have a vehicle that will get 130MPGs. 

i just wanna make sure i get the right engine kit yea know!

ramset

Hi.  Yes I have purchased a 50cc gas kit off of ebay with satisfactory results.  However, for 99 dollars don't expect the world.  As far as installation goes, very easy...very simple, with some very basic mechanical skills required.  Kit turns out to be turnkey, nothing else required but loading in some gas.  Put 200-300 miles on this (ouch), recommend a bike with good shocks and comfortable seat.  Have since switched to electric (far better) model Phoenix Racer made by Crystallyte.  Had some issues with motor tolerances (slight wobbling in the bearings), waiting for unit to come back from factory.  Really love it, hope they fixed the wobbling issue, otherwise - so far in 260 miles I have managed to save $75.00.  Not bad!  Drive 11 miles each way to work at 35mph with moderate peddling - as well as ending up with some fuel reserve.

Chris
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

Onevoice

When I was a teenager (30+yrs ago), I tried to add a chainsaw engine to a ten-speed bike. One of my friend even welded a frame on the back to hold the motor. I never did get it working though. Engine needed thousands of rpms to get going. Needed a flywheel to keep idle. Stick with a conversion kit! Somebody already worked out the kinks in the design.
quote: The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many - Capt. James T. Kirk