Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Hardcastle/Solomon Thermionic Generator

Started by tak22, June 24, 2008, 12:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Hardcastle

@Tinu,

Glad we got the cross culture issues sorted. No offense taken or meant.

The current is not milliamps for an effective work function of 0.15.

total current flowing in the disk in the design is 10,000+amps, given a surface area of the rotor (domestic unit 150cm dia) of 5000cm2 this equates to a few amps per cm2 which is way less that 300K thermionic emission. However the rotor temperature drops to a point of equilibrium where heat in (case radiative transfer etc) is equal to rotor current by work done (say 0.15ev).

Interestingly the device is self governing for if it spins too fast the effective work function goes to zero and thus no work can be done and so the disk receives no further torque, nifty eh?

Regards to my friend Tinu

Phil

Sprocket

Hi.  Just visited your site - amazing invention if it pans out and goes into production. (important that!)  Also, got a chuckle reading that you are "coming over from the Dark Side", having worked extensively for bigoil and its cohorts in the past :)

One or two layman's questions if I may:

1. Why is the 50KW unit much smaller than the domestic 3KW one - is it just a better design or is there more involved?
2. My crummy math tells me that the 3KW unit would rotate at about 4000RPM - do you know would the self-power aspect kick in before this, and at what point would it 'self-govern'?
3. If the 4000RPM is correct, and given the much smaller diameter of the 50KW unit, to achieve the same 300m/sec edge-speed and then produce almost 20 times the power output suggests that it is rotating insanely fast - what would its speed actually be?

Thanks.

Philip Hardcastle

Hi Sprocket and folks,

The 50kw unit operating at up to 1200K and thus its transfer of energy in is 256x the ambient unit so for just 1 square meter of radiative transfer (case to rotor) we get more than 50kw (in fact closer to 100kw). Of course the conversion efficiency is still beyond theoretical carnot as the unit does not dump heat to an exhaust.

It is suited to take any hot gas, including compressed air, solar or even fissionable material and also is suited to use in conjunction with other devices to get that higher temp energy by heat pumping.

Now this is the really amazing thing, if a heat pump is driven by the unit and the unit is 99% efficient the energy from ambient plus the energy driving the heat pump both supply the near perfect efficiency unit therefore....Yes we can raise ambient to whatever we need!

This is not so easy to understand but if you draw a diagram you will see what I mean.

We have received good news from government who look like they are taking the device very seriously.

The device and science is the real thing and they are beginning to see that.

Watch this space, really big things are going to happen.

Might I ask readers to spread the news so the thermionic revolution becomes like wildfire.

Yes the large low power ambient unit spins at 3000-3600rpm to match existing ac grid. Overunity operation is designed to begin at about 5% below operational speed. As you can appreciate the effective work function drops at the square of velocity so there is a fairly tight band between starting to produce significant power and operational speed and overspeed where output torque falls back to zero.

This is why it is very handy to have grid supply to get the unit up to design speed, it requires absolutely no control circuitry.

Hope that clarifies things

Phil

tak22

Phil,

Thanks for coming here and keeping us informed of your progress, and I hope you find a government somewhere that is willing to take on an active role. It's one of the modern mysteries why more governments at all levels don't take a more hands on approach, and just sit back and complain about big issues just like most of their citizens. Must be the prevalent gov/business disfunction.

You stated that you're giving this tech free to anyone in the world, but the gotcha appears that we have to wait until we can purchase a unit. Do you see this tech evolving to a point that we can build (with really good tools), or contract out the construction?

Also, about the 10:1 sharp points, do you see nanoscale surfaces being used?

tak

Kator01

Hello Philip,

some tome ago I did research on tungsten-welding-rods and found this information which ist of importance to this subject here :

http://huntingdonfusion.com/HFT/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=11

Now I will attach a gernan brochure here of this product called Multistrike-Electrode ( does not contain radioactive Thorium)  because it gives more details on the property of this material which ist not listed in the englisch website of huntingdonfusion.com.

I have makred the relevant information in the attached pic.

The english term "work-funktion" egals the german tern "Austrittsarbeit"
Wolfram = tungsten.

As you can see the offer a tungsten alloy with a work-funktion of 2.9 eV

Hope that this is of interest here.

Best Regards

Kator