Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I tried to rebiuld a Don Smith Device

Started by GM, September 25, 2005, 04:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: giantkiller on August 20, 2011, 08:49:13 PM
Spark gaps are broadband transmitters. The spew.
You're correct.  I think they were outlawed by the FCC for that reason.  Lakhovsky radiating coils should be able do the same thing over an enormous bandwidth range.

I did see a schematic once awhile back that indicated that choke coils at the input were EMI suppressors.  Then I found this:

http://www.murata.com/products/catalog/pdf/c09e.pdf

They're designed, I imagine, for 50-60 Hz.  The question is:  Will these have any beneficial effect on a spark gap or Lakhovsky coil?

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

Dave45

Thinking of spark gaps and the magnetic field watch the first few minutes of this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNJvmsnQ1Z0

Dr Bob

It is now 08/22/11. I have been at it sourcing parts for a second Don Smith type device. This is my own design. It is much simpler to do. The initial frequency can be anything necessary to generate maximum power with parts on hand. Then d/c it and use a standard  frequency circuit for 60 HZ. Most AC lines are 57-63 cycles all the time anyway. Not dead on 60 HZ.  The caps can be 600 volt units. This duplicates Tesla's spike generators he used. I'm having to build the Neon Sign transformer because all of a sudden you can only buy 4KV 60 HZ units. The 35,700HZ 30,000KV are no longer made by "Government" orders. Something about a danger to the public.

Never Give Up!!!

Dr. BOB.

FatBird

Dr Bob,

Could you please post a schematic & parts list for your Don Smith unit?

According to all of the posts I have read through the years, nobody seems to be able to make a Don Smith work.
There are HUNDREDS of frustrated folks out there that have really tried to do it, but to no avail.

Thanks.

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: FatBird on August 22, 2011, 06:19:17 PM
...According to all of the posts I have read through the years, nobody seems to be able to make a Don Smith work. ...
... There are HUNDREDS of frustrated folks out there that have really tried to do it, but to no avail.
I read a long time ago in a (probably now-defunct) free energy magazine that the article author indicated only the genius inventors of decades past (e.g. Moray, Tesla) were born with the innate ability to tune their creations by mere "feel".  Daniel Pomerleau is a prime example.

Even I have a hard time getting some results from simple experiments.  The Joule Thief for OU (as such) is still elusive, is it not?  Has anyone claimed the OU.com prize yet?

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.