Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pendulum + Wheel = penduwheel

Started by broli, June 29, 2008, 04:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletcher

hmmm .. as far as I know the If & AND functions should work ok - I just prefer to put a measure > time box up & then do the simple greater of lesser in the Active When etc from eye balling the sim each run - don't know off-hand whether the rigid joints will stay with the pendulum arm or the wheel - if you place them on the pendulum first then drag it across onto the wheel it might give more satisfactory results for you - ? - simple is better but you gotta do what works for you.

The other way is to use a center one-way rachet on the wheel [rigid joint placed over the pivot joint] - then when the pendulum gets to its max swing height the rigid joint turns on, effectively connecting the pendulum to the wheel from thereon ?!

am1ll3r

broli,
A few weeks back I had a similar idea... I had posted it in the archer wheel thread but here it is again.

The light blue is a heavy wheel. The dark blue gear is like on a bike, you can crank it forward then spin it backwards. The hammer weight should be able to be lifted with minimum effort do to lever action. Its not really shown on the picture but the yellow end of the lever  will retract so on the down swing of the weight it does not hit any of the pegs attached to the outside of the wheel. When back to starting positing the lever will extend and another peg will lift the weight back up ans so on.... the animation got a little squirrelly on me while I was making it thats why the dark blue gear starts to float around..Its not meant to look like that. Tongue I would imagine the heavy wheel would need a good spin to get it going then like riding a bike it takes less effort to (or so it seems) to maintain the same speed. I think the wheel in reality would need to be bigger as opposed to the lever mechanism but to show the concept it is what it is here.
Cheers Grin

broli

Oke folks I realized the mistake. When the pendulum falls and drags the wheel it doesn't transfer all of it energy in the wheel. Or else the pendulum wouldn't have an initial velocity at 3 o'clock. And that is the same energy that gets it past 9 o'clock. Now when it gets attached to the wheel it has pretty much has 0 energy and so the wheel has to poor lots of energy in it to get it back up.

@am1ll3r: That's an interesting concept I'll try to simulate it as well.