Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Researchers create self charging "ambient" battery w/ graphene (Maxwell's demon)

Started by broli, March 09, 2012, 03:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broli

Maxwell's demon returns, by the same researchers

http://arxiv.org/abs/1406.4622
QuoteWe report experimentally that the electricity is generated from ambient thermal fluctuations across a non-ideal diode consisted of a silicon tip and an aluminum surface. The output is tuned by the contact force which modulates Schottky barrier heights as well as rectifying ratios of the diodes. The interaction regime between the silicon and the aluminum locates at the quantum-classical boundary where thermal fluctuations are appreciable, and the rectification of thermal fluctuations leads to the electricity generation. This finding offers an innovative approach to environmental energy harvesting.

To sum it up, they jabbed a piece if silicon into a piece of aluminum and found this asymmetric arraignment produces electricity from ambient heat. I encourage you to read the paper as it's very readable. It's strange that findings like these go unnoticed, wouldn't a wafer of such diodes produce many watts?

profitis

I was expecting this announcement sooner or later @broli.I myself shoved germanium crystals onto aluminum foil and got small currents.it is due to uni-directional far infrared reflection on aluminum in my opinion.

teslonian

I'm quite surprised there isn't much more on this. At first thought I believe it's just radio waves intercepting, germanium.. This reminds me of John C. Bedini's polycrystaline wafer he made where he showed a simple LED being lit up when he touched it to the material, there's a video on it, I'll dig it up later.

Radio Waves can't even hardly light up an LED. I think we should look into this more, especially since this is my first post after almost reading the entire OU forum. ;D