Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Engineer Gets 110 MPG Out Of '87 Mustang

Started by utilitarian, July 03, 2008, 12:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triffid

The chevy sprint became a Geo Metro but the engines were different enough not to fit into my sprint.So I was out of luck there.I did hear that some of the geo metros could get 50mpg.But never checked it out for myself.Triffid

mbramble

My wife's 1994 Geo Metro (3 cylinder) with 138K+ miles on it gets between 50-55 MPG on the highway depending on whether it's just her, or the both of us, in the car.  She bought it new in '94 and it's all ragged looking but there's no way I could get her to trade it.  She's gonna drive it till the wheels fall off ;)

Pirate88179

OK, this is interesting.  I am still not convinced of a conspiracy here but, no matter.  VW, who made diesel Rabbits in the 80's that got 55 mpg, (several of my friends had them) now, well has had a newer version that gets 75 mpg without the hassle and expense of the batteries for hybrids, and have just now received permission to sell them in the US even though they have sold them in Europe for several years.  75 mpg!!!  The hybrids get about 35 or so with a lot of added costs.  This is insane to me.  If VW backed off on the performance level (which most of us Americans would not buy then) they could get close to 100 mpg from a regular diesel engine.

I have several neighbors that have purchased Harleys due to, (they say) the gas crunch.  Problem is, these motorcycles get 35 mpg.  Hell, my minivan gets 27.  This is not a step forward.

Thanks for bringing this guy's Mustang to our attention.  Maybe we will hear more in the future about it.  It is time to give up "performance" as in 0-60 times for real "performance" of fantastic mpg.  My humble opinion.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen