Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

voltage amplification by flux exited self oscillating reed switch

Started by professor, September 13, 2008, 12:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor

HiTinselKoala
Thanks for the come back.
I have learned something new but that's what we are here for.
I  admit I have not read all of Tesla's Literature, as a matter of fact very little of it.
There is not enough time in the Day for that and I am not getting any younger, if you know what I mean.
But what you say makes good sense,I just have not played around with this Tesla Coils.
One Question though, his cores were Air cores and the sparkgap was a rf generator of all frequencies VLF to UHF  so did it really matter to have the coil ring more purely and strong, since there was no fundamental frequency and no core to saturate.
This might be a dumb Question but I am not an Engineer and I can not answer this myself.
Build a  low voltage tuned spark gap transmitter that is about the extend of it.
Oh yeah a High voltage one because my neighbour refused to turn down the volume of his awful music. Yes it worked!
Lots of TV Flyback work and RF Communications (not by sparkgap Lol...) in my former jobs in the 70's.
I am glad you did not take offense , as so many others do. Sometimes I do write things as I see them without paying to much attention to Diplomacy. English is my second language  which complicates things even more.
Thank's for your understanding
professor.

Quote from: TinselKoala on September 24, 2008, 08:05:59 PM
Hi prof
It sounds like you know what you're doing so I'll mostly shut up. Sorry to have been so pedantic, but sometimes the basics seem to get forgotten around here.
Tesla used the magnets for rapid quenching of the spark in his gaps. He was using so much current thru the gap in his primary circuits that a power arc would tend to form across the gap, even in rotary gaps. So the magnets were used both as electrodes in the gap itself as well as field pieces near the gap. His objective was to achieve rapid quenching, which equates to a sharp hard mallet striking a bell (the resonating coil) rather than a soft padded bit striking the bell. The sharp strike makes the coil ring more purely and strong.