Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The heatpump, with more energy out than in (FACT)

Started by Nabo00o, September 19, 2008, 05:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nueview

here is what i know about it from studying and a few tests that seem to prove the MIDI air car point in germany about the turn of the century they used these engines for mining trains as there were no combustion gasses to poison the miners just air they were very efficient and were used in the new york subway for many years the air car engine uses a cammed link arm so as to delay the stroke at top dead center for about 70 degrees of the rotation as the gas is put under pressure it gives up heat this raises the pressure and makes more heat and more pressure as the piston passes top dead center the gas is gaining pressure faster than the poston is traveling until the link arm breaks over and the power stroke really begins the air cannot be used again for another stroke as the energy removed from the gas does not return to the gas that fast so someone wrote that there was a way to electrostatically energize this spent gas and get more power from it on consecutive uses but there was some kind of patent disbute and havent heard any more about it there is a way to compress air into a tank with ventury action but forget what it is called it was used on the subway trains it is very interesting to study.
there was also a device invented back in the thirties by bell labs called a choke checker i have one guess that really dates me but you put 125 ponds air pressure in it at the 1/3 point and the air spins along the tube at the outside of the tube you get cold air out and the center tube that comes out the other end gives you hot air the old cars had a bimetal choke adjustment and this would make it react very cheap and pretty neat little device it works on air speed weight and the vortex principle.

Martin

Nabo00o

I just want to say that all critics and criticism is welcome, working out a way to use the power of a heat pump to create useful work is not a result wishful thinking :D By that I mean that I and everybody else here can obviously be wrong, we don't know for sure before we can test these ideas, maybe theoretically first and then practically at the end.

I don't want any preassumed ideology to block the true practical reality, whatever it may be. Often it is like that in reality, we all want the same but have different ways to do and explain it. Then misunderstanding and ill-interpreted ideas can arise. I just hope that we can all cooperate here, because I think that we do all have the same common goal: To make available a source of free energy. Free as in free speech, free of cost (long term cost) and free of limitations and restrictions... 

Naboo
Static energy...
Dynamic energy...
Two forms of the same.

ATT

@Nabo00o
With the farm, you have the perfect basis for self-sufficiency, a perfect setup!

Since several posters mentioned that Stirling engines might be a more efficient means of converting heat energy to mechanical/electrical energy, I had a look at some of what's out there. I don't have any first-hand experience with stirlings so please post if you can provide better information.

This is not exhaustive, but my sampling of information about stirling engines, so far, doesn't show anything commercially available that would lend itself to this project (maybe a custom-build or prototype may be available).

The best actual application-efficiency I've seen is from Sunpower who has a 95-Watt model with 36% efficiency, which is a prototype and not large enough to be practical, although they do have a 1KW at lower efficiency, which is still not large enough.

Apparently Dean Kamen has been working on a stirling for a few years and has a patent, no news of it's commercial availability yet.

There has been no significant adoption of stirling technology by industry.

By contrast, there -has- been significant adoption of Rankine Cycle freon expanders by industry.

There are plenty of good (stirling) ideas out there but apparently none are good enough to pursue commercially and they haven't managed to find a solid niche of acceptance.

On the face of it, the idea of a sterling operating on a temperature differential seems perfectly suited for high-efficiency conversion when coupled to a heat-pump, but the efficiencies are theoretical at this point. Practical efficiencies have to be measured and that requires engines with the capacity to turn a generator with the umph to power an HP, sterlings of sufficient size to do this aren't  available off the shelf.

Some links:
http://www.stirlingengine.com/FullPower.adp
http://www.stirlingengine.com/kamen/dean_kamen_patent.html
http://www.stirlingengine.com/faq/one?scope=public&faq_id=1
http://quasiturbine.promci.qc.ca/QTStirling.html
http://www.sunpower.com/lib/sitefiles/pdf/productlit/Engine%20Brochure.pdf

ATT

Nabo00o

You're right, the first and most troublesome problem is to conquer all the inefficiencies connected to making heat a viable source of useful energy. So there is the big problem, I guess doing it the way I first proposed was primarily to prove a theoretical point, that an easy and understandable cycle could actually be used in commercial power-plants. I think however there are many more heat power techniques which could prove to have much better efficiencies, for example the equalizer method described at the aircaraccess page.

This seems to be practically the same thing as using a heat pump, but instead of using pressure to alter the temperature, it uses temperature to alter pressure. As I have understood it, by equalizing the pressure between a small and large tank of air within a small amount of time, they will not only contain the same pressure, but the increase of pressure inside the small tank will also increase its temperature, which again leads to an increases in pressure. This is not a perpetual or self-increasing feedback process, but is a results of mixing two gases of the same temperature but different pressure, the end result is an increase in temperature, an therefore also a slight increase in pressure, but only for a moment. When the temperature has equalized again to its environment no increase of temperature will exist.

I am not sure, but I think this should be an important focus in this tread, even if it was mainly about the heat pump. The pressure versus temperature process is what interests me  :)

Naboo

Edit: I wish I could have altered the original topic name....
Static energy...
Dynamic energy...
Two forms of the same.