Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla's Switch (Self/Radiant Charging Switching Batteries)

Started by sirmikey1, October 07, 2008, 10:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itanimuLLi

Quote from: Jon on October 08, 2009, 11:15:31 AM
I am building a Tesla switch. I have build a proof of concept on a breadboard and am building a prototype to drive four 12v lead acid batteries. It uses Mosfets for fast switching, up to and slightly beyond 1mhz, and rectification of the output so there are no diodes in the oscillating path.

I think the Tesla switch is a good platform for testing other FE concepts because it will be very efficient to start with.

Please see: http://freeenergygroup.com/

Hi Jon,
I allways wanted to make an electronic tesla switch but i don't have knowledge of electronics so i was wondering if anyone made a working prototype, keep us posted when your ready and have working model. I may order one from you.

Jon

Great! The first card I plan on fabricating will be limited to 12v cells and about 50 watts but a second card could support 200v with apparently 2500 watts. Once I have the switch working I want to run tests with a scooter or go cart with a data logger.

The objective of the switch was to use solid state parts so that the switching time is fast and efficient. If free energy is available it is likely that the device has to operate with high speed so that it has enough resolution to extract it. I suppose it could be analogous to capturing energy from a wave on the surface of watter. The watter representing some field or vacuum we exist in and the waves are the changing potentials of electricity. If your collection device is not able to move faster than the frequency of the wave then its not apparent that energy exists there.

The TS is interesting to me because it is the most efficient FE attempt that I have made so far making it a good platform for testing some modifications. It should be extensible in that way and useful for real world applications so that others can use it for specific tasks as well as FE research.

I decided not to use physical relays because they are very slow, very inefficient and very expensive. This TS does use two solid state relays formed by mosfets. Also there are no diodes in the path of the switch. The voltage drop across a diode would be very expensive multiplied by each cycle of the switch. All switching is done using mosfets, there are ten in this switch.

Also the control circuit is specifically important to the switch. On paper there are two stages where each side switches in orientation between parallel and series. But when using mosfets and drivers there is a delay between the time it takes for the switching to actually shut off, so four stages are used. Two stages are wait for all switches to deactivate. I don't know how physical relays behave but using a 50% duty cycle seems risky. you would easily be able to see a short circuit by increasing the frequency. If your output is reduced at higher frequencies you know you have a problem.

Thanks for the feedback. I will post more soon.

Jon
http://freeenergygroup.com

Tito L. Oracion

Hi everyone good day!  ;D

Tesla switch is good cause its from tesla surely it works!.

and do you know that we can make it more better?.

Jon

I did a power up test of my tesla switch today. I have not tested everything fully or connected all of the battery cells. I have had to replace a few of the cards because the power supplies i build were not very stable under load. I didn't realize that you can buy $5 parts to step up and down effeciently...

Right now only four cards are being used. A computer interface MCU is driving the switch now, a power supply card provides 5v and 12v, a mosfet driver card provides the switch with 12v very fast switching and finally the tesla switch card with six mosfets and four high side static mode mosfet drivers. It all passes individual testing but I want to do a once over before toasting it under load in case there are any problems... This think cost a bit to build...

I have a lot more on the go and i hope to post more results soon.
Questions are welcome...
Thanks
Jon

RichieTDI

Looks Great Jon, can't wait to see how it all works out. As soon as I have some time I will get some pics of mine up.