Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

2nd Law

Started by christo4_99, September 07, 2008, 12:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Dufresne

Quote from: JRowe on September 15, 2008, 06:21:07 PM
Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle leads to a direct consequence of proven "Energy from nothing."
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by the above.

In the meantime, this is from http://www.calphysics.org/zpe.html, and describes my understanding of what in the standard model led to ZPE:
"In conventional quantum physics, the origin of zero-point energy is the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, which states that, for a moving particle such as an electron, the more precisely one measures the position, the less exact the best possible measurement of its momentum (mass times velocity), and vice versa. The least possible uncertainty of position times momentum is specified by Planck's constant, h. A parallel uncertainty exists between measurements involving time and energy (and other so-called conjugate variables in quantum mechanics). This minimum uncertainty is not due to any correctable flaws in measurement, but rather reflects an intrinsic quantum fuzziness in the very nature of energy and matter springing from the wave nature of the various quantum fields. This leads to the concept of zero-point energy."

The Casimir Effect, which I'm sure you're familiar with, is a source of ZPE which simply requires engineering to tap. We already have the conditions necessary and the mathematics describing its function, so what we need to do is devise a machine or material which exploits the Effect.

I wouldn't say the Casimer Effect is the source of ZPE, rather it's a consequence of ZPE and two metal plates very closer together. Unless by "source of ZPE" you meant a means of tapping it, which is my understanding too.

As the experiments and mathematics of the Casimir effect have been proven, and the theory and math are based on the standard model, there's plenty of foundational work in the engineering department. What we need now is an Edison, hypothesizing, experimenting, and working hellaciously long hours until the desired result is achieved.

Correct me if my conception is wrong but I think the energy tapped by this means would be miniscule. I'm hoping for a macroscale result.
-Steve
http://rimstar.org
He who smiles at lofty schemes, stems the tied of broken dreams. - Roger Hodgson

exnihiloest

Quote from: christo4_99 on September 07, 2008, 12:04:04 AM
I was reading something and it struck me finally that there is no such thing as a second law violation...if something seems to violate the second law then the energy must be coming from somewhere else...an unknown source...

Why do you think it would be "unknown"?
A violation of the second law is not a violation of the energy conservation. The energy is coming from the heat, and heat is kinetic energy. It is just a transformation of energy.
See an example here:
http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0311104

Paul-R

Quote from: christo4_99 on September 07, 2008, 12:04:04 AM
I was reading something and it struck me finally that there is no such thing as a second law violation...
People get very overheated about the second Law, and should remember that:
1. it has never been proved
2. it works well for heat engines, and their designers are glad of it.
3. outside heat engines, there are many infractions. All over the shop.
Paul.

christo4_99

it is my opinion that fitting the vastness of the universe and it's substances into a theory is an illusive proposal...math after all is just a language that at best can express that a=b there is this much area or this much distance...if the universe contained standing waves which have an affect but only if they are disturbed(which btw is what i think happened with the famous galaxie collision).the mechnisms of the unseen world are not numerals flying this way and that...they are objects and energies first "pictured" in the minds of men,a type of virtual reality if you will. how do you factor 0+0 =0 when 0 could possibly become any number fathomable suddenly with a disturbance of the standing waves.the duality of light can be explained by thinking of light as something which both moves along a line and radiates from it's relative position and keeps duplicating itself until it is absorbed by matter.we can never know exactly what something is becuase we are subjective beings.Einstein even factored this into his theory.if you take the observer out of his theories you would have to know where the universe begins and where it ends to come up with the missing part of the eqation.so reality=thought and thought =man+his mind but the latter is contained within the former.so we should be spontaneous in our imaginations about the world around us instead of being so careful and mathmatically correct...because we ourselves are part of the equation and there is nothing so critical at stake...we are part of the strangeness and wonder of the universe.

christo4_99

i just had a thought...relying on quantum mechanics to do anyhting in particular is like trying to make a sprocket out of soup...lol