Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Trying to find super cheap way to collect solar

Started by buzneg, October 12, 2008, 01:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triffid

I have been told that" harbor freight "(a store here in dallas and else where) has a point and click IR thermometer that you aim at a surface and get the temperature of it .And "Harbor Freight " has them for about 10 dollars,Looks like a keychain almost.Could be very useful in solar power experimenting. I used to use a bigger one when I was a kiln operator for Acme Brick.Triffid

buzneg

A very good report http://www.solar-thermal.com/index.html

esolar's site is worth reading too.

Solar thermal is going to be cheaper then coal, and I have done calculations that show as low as $500 per KW average output. Coal is $1500-$1300 per KW output. $2000 per kw is a conservative estimate I did for solar thermal. The report doesn't know that there's a few types of turbines that are 80% efficient. The solar companies don't seem to realize that it's more suitable to use multiple kinds of collectors and step them up. Like trough and then pipe it to a tower or lenz. Most overunity devices would cost at least $500 per kW output anyways.

infringer

Moonlight will be an expensive to undertake but... Who knows maybe the common ir sensor in your cable box may hold the key.

As far as solar heaters I have gave my idea several times a couple differnt places and I have yet to have see it disproven for the sake of not repeating myself just look for me and look at solar discussions.
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

triffid

Using mirrors or reflective materials to aim up to 100x the sunlight through
a fresnel lens might be possible .Afterall most of the heat would pass through the lens not harming it.I think.Triffid

jadaro2600

Mirror tint the inside of the glass pane protecting the solar panel so that light reflected off the panel reflects back onto the solar panel.

Heat is trapped in the 'cell'.  Now, run your solar water heating through the same said solar cell, and gain heat to water.

Next, trap water for conventional hot water use through an exchanger.

Behind the exchanger, post exchanged, and the ambient air, place a sterling engine, and generate motion for electricity.

Combine and store energy for use.

Not super cheap, be it's taking step toward utilizing waste heat and sunlight.

Using the right kind of glass to trap high energy light is important.