Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

When are we going to see the advent of Lithium Air batteries?

Started by Photonfanatic, November 19, 2013, 07:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Photonfanatic

Just curious if anyone has come up with any kind of timeline that could be considered reasonably accurate. When are we going to start seeing lithium air batteries? I was reading up on them, and it seems that they are pretty much the replacement for lithium ion batteries. With an estimated maximum life of about 15x that of lithium ion batteries. That would pretty much put any range anxiety issues with electric cars to rest. Seeing as how that would make it about 1,500 miles per charge, in say the nissan leaf for example. It would also be nice to seldom have to charge my cordless drill.

So does anyone know anything about any company that is currently developing the technology? I know that many of them out there have looked at it, but is anyone actually working on it?

truesearch

Good question. I'd be happy just seeing the production of practical Aluminum-Air batteries which are rates at about 8x of lithium ion cels.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium%E2%80%93air_battery

truesearch

Photonfanatic

Yeah I saw Aluminum air on there. That's where I learned of the Li-air batteries. Is it really practical to make your own batteries for day to day use? Say for example, you could make your own bank of solar panel batteries to go off the grid. Obviously Aluminum air batteries are better than lead acid. Would it be a good idea to try to make your own bank of aluminum air batteries?

magpwr

hi,

This link will show you all the energy density for *anything/air battery.Do click on the chart on right once you are in the web page which provides greater details.

I think i've seen magnesium/air cell in youtube where some youtubers manage to create this battery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal%E2%80%93air_electrochemical_cell