Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

@ Gadgetmall:

Thank you for the info.  I will try to get some readings in about a week or so.

I agree 100% with what you are saying here.  As far as "competition" goes, I like to look at things that way as it spurs me on to try to do better, or bigger, or more...or like you...with less.  It is all friendly anyway.  We are all on the same team here as far as I am concerned.

Now that I know how to check the power draw, I will also go back and replicate my breadboard JT's (I have 4 versions as of this time) and see what they are pulling also.  And yes, if someone lights a tube with a "standard" JT circuit, that would be something for sure.  Thanks again.

@ Freezer:

Nice video and great job!!! (5 stars)  If you can light a neon, do you think it will light a 4 watt tube?

@ IST:

Good job on your video as well.  (I gave you 5 stars as well)  Keep up your great work here.

Bill

See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

slayer007

Any one try running two joule thiefs on one transistor?

I tried it and it seems to run twice as fast.
As they both trigger each other.

slayer007

Here's a circuit for it.

slayer007

Sorry that didnt turn out to good ::)

xee2

@ Freezer 

Another great video. Thanks. Is the coil air core? If the fluorescent tube won't light with 1.5 volts try 3.0 volts. It looks like your components will take 3 volts and that would show how close you are (I think tube will light with 3 volts).

How many turns on coil?