Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricme

@ gadgetmall
kc and mc
OK is kc = kilo cycles and  mc = mega cycles

why were the old terminology done away with, I can remember the radio announcer in the late 50s announcing the transmitter (shortwave) frequencies were such and such kilo cycles and megacycles, transmitting on such and such meter band.

Tesla and stubblefield and monay all worked in cycles, not this Hertz rubbish lol.

jim

People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

electricme

@ slayer007
Your circuit you posted, could you make it a tiny bit smaller please?
the circuit wires look at my place like they have huge breakes and connected to odds and ends.
Try adjusting the resolution of the camera, make it smaller, say 640 by 320 for starters.

Well done effort wise.

jim
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

gadgetmall

Quote from: Artic_Knight on January 31, 2009, 11:21:26 PM
just my observation but unless my calculations are wrong i can run a led at full brightness for 7.5 days.

2700mah rechargable nimh / 15mah jt draw / 24 hours in a day = 7.5 days.

now my only question is how much are we getting off those PV garden lights? can u say never ending light?

let me run this scenario by you, take a electrical outlet, restrict the flow with a RF choke and adjust the voltage/amp so that we have 1.2 @ 15mah now we can use this to keep AA charged and in the event wall power is severed you have emergency light!
Hi . you are Missing post .We have a new Circuit which surpasses anything So far as current draw :) 0.202 ma per led . lets see 1.2 volt Ni-mh 2400 mah  = 11881 hours run time or 495 days  run time for a single Led on the FJLP circuit . Is my math right : Could someone check me on this ?
* Assumptions:
    * Battery stored current is 2400 mAh fully Charged
      I = 2400 mAh
    * LED draws .202 mA of current
      C = 0.202 mA
The calculation is simple division.
I ÷ C = T
2400 mAh ÷ 0.202 mA = 11881 hours / 24 = 495 days
You missed alot since that post Here is the new Circuit That i Claim as Mine and Jeanna's Hybrid . Nothing like it on the internet in public Domain ! http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6123.msg154173#msg154173 post #2095
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

flathunter

Quote from: jeanna on February 01, 2009, 12:36:40 AM
Gadgetmai,

I have a couple of questions about this - not about the cap, but the coils.

Do they reverse at the 1/2 way mark? I can't tell from the pic. I think on this one you might have said it was center tapped, but not in the text of the page (p 200)

The other thing. Your circuit only draws 11 mA. The thing I kept noticing with the circuit was that there was about 23 mA draw no matter how many leds were being lit off the secondary.

So, I assume you will see the same effect. But your string is only drawing 11mA. I think your circuit is way more efficiect or powerful at less draw. I don't have a big toroid like yours, but I want to make a copy to find out what in your circuit has made it draw only 11mA?

the PNP?
the germanium?
The large diameter?
The 40 turns?

that is 4 things I can ask about. I guess the question about how you wound them is another.

thank you,

jeanna

I found exactly the same thing with both my JTs.  They both draw 0.02 amps, no matter how many LEDS I stack, using an AAA battery.  I'm running 35 leds off one joule thief, then hooking another up in parallel to that and running a few more.  They're getting dimmer of course, the more I stack, but the first 3 LEDs that I got coming off the second JT seem quite bright in comparison to the first 35.  Tonight, i'll try whacking some more on...

Well done to all of you who've got motors running and CFLs lighting off this circuit.  I envy you, and will be replicating as soon as possible!

Cheers Gadgetmall for reminding me that to measure current, you just put the multimetre in series with the battery  ;)

electricme

@ Bill

Flashlights and batteries
You asked why the companies dont put the JT into the flash lights, its because they just don't care about efficiency, battery wize.
If they can get you to go and buy a battery, the battery company loves the torch company, as more batteries need to be bought to run the inefficient torch.

There are more dollars to be made that way, does the company making the batteries care, no, not them, the more we all buy the better they like it.
Now, if the production of batteries fell, because of the JT, hmmmmmm I think they woiuldn't like their bottum line being affected, it all comes down to money.

Roll on the JT ha ha.

jim