Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadgetmall

Quote from: nievesoliveras on February 02, 2009, 06:49:02 PM
@gadgetmall

Pardon my ignorance. But there is still not continuity connection between the toroid coil and the transistor.

Jesus
I need new Glasses !!!!!!!! Its right now . I hope .!! . Every time i have it right on my computer and resize it its wrong when posted . I looked again and its right this time . SHEEEEEESH .... :)
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

jeanna

@xee and @gadgetmail,
I am making what I can of the fusion ckt with the values of things I have. We have 2 or 3 different things going on at this time and I want to clear it up for myself, so please help correct me.

1- is a correction on this 680pF. This size rating is like the resistor color rating system only with numbers. The 6 is a real number and so is the 8 then the third number is the number of zeros and it is measured in picofarads. {680=68 picoFarad]

@jesus, please note this for your drawing for onlookers and history.

2 I have started by adding a 100pF ceramic cap across the base resistor. (it is marked 101 )
Oh yes the transistor is still the 3904 since it is consistent with my other numbers. and the base resistor is 820r and the toroid is 6bifilar turns

3-I put a 0.1uF and later a 22uF cap across the battery rails.

I have kept the 10r Resistor at the pos of battery. (to save on frizszled wires and frazzled nerves.  ;)

I have 2 lights arrangements:
3 leds in the array activated by a 2 turn secondary
otherwize
1 led in the "normal" place for a joule thief ckt - because xee2 is making his ckt that way.

Some results:
array of 3 yellow LEDs at secondary
34mA draw into ckt (this is higher than without a cap)
.359v and .336V rectified in a 1 turn 2o
.95v across battery cap cap value 0.1uF
.7v across 100pF || base resistor.

Then I moved the led into the regular joule thief place and read:
THE LIGHT IS BRIGHTER - QUITE BRIGHT

29mA draw through this ckt
1.00v at battery cap (.1uF)
.47v at base resistor || with 100pf cap
(these results look good)

Keeping the light in this place, I changed the battery cap to 22uF

34mA
.97v at battery cap (22uF)
.49v across base resistor || with 100pF cap

These results look different. Not as 'good'

Any thoughts? (I will make the base resistor a higher value than 820r and get back)

jeanna

nievesoliveras

@jeanna

Just not to forget that it is very important that everything should be perfectly well done.

Jesus

jeanna

The small change from 820r at the base resistor to 1k and changing nothing else lowered the amp draw a bit to 31mA down from 34mA
The light is very bright in the regular joule thief position. and since the base voltage remains at .45 and the total voltage across the battery cap is .99, I think this is a good direction.

@jesus,
If you make a drawing, I will know if I have stated all this correctly and if it is understandable. Thank you.

jeanna

nievesoliveras

Quote from: jeanna on February 02, 2009, 08:07:08 PM
The small change from 820r at the base resistor to 1k and changing nothing else lowered the amp draw a bit to 31mA down from 34mA
The light is very bright in the regular joule thief position. and since the base voltage remains at .45 and the total voltage across the battery cap is .99, I think this is a good direction.

@jesus,
If you make a drawing, I will know if I have stated all this correctly and if it is understandable. Thank you.

jeanna

I am tired for today I will continue tomorow.

@all

In the meantime.

There are two videos that teach how to make a different toroid coil.
Anybody interested go to:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6728.msg154666#msg154666

Jesus