Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

Well I checked and radio shack does not carry them....so, I ordered on;line from a semiconductor company.  Problem is, they had a $50 minimum!!!

So, I ordered a few other things as well:

50 1n34 germanium diodes
50 2n3055 transistors (for my Bedini motor)
10 1n4001 diodes (Bedini)
10 1n4007 diodes (Bedini)
40 2N3904 transistors (joule thief)  These were like 20 cents each and RS sells them for $2 ea.
20 2N2222 transistors to try on the jt circuits.

I really can't afford this but at least now I can complete my Bedini motor and try some of the stuff lidmotor is doing.  I guess I have to work a lot more now which gives me less time to experiment.

We had 2 other electronic stores here in town but all are gone except for radio shack, and they don't carry half the stuff in this store that is online.  I did a search on their site for the germanium and it had no listing.  This is better anyway, I'd rather pay 20 cents each for a boatload of parts than what I have been paying at RS.

I guess I will give this a try when the parts come in.

Bill                        PS  I have no idea what the germanium diodes look like as they had no photo.
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

sparks

Please keep in mind here that the JT is a very efficient capacitor charge circuit.
Do the wattage calculations like after you flash the camera as to how many watts do you have stored in the capacitor.  Then think about what Tesla states in all candor in the below.

Yes; I charged the condenser with 40,000 volts.  When it was charged full, I discharged it suddenly, through a short circuit which gave me a very rapid rate of oscillation.  Let us suppose that I had stored in the condenser 10 watts.  Then, for such a wave there is a flux of energy of (4 x 104)2, and this is multiplied by the frequency of 100,000.  You see, it may go into thousands or millions of horsepower.

Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

innovation_station

Quote from: sparks on February 08, 2009, 04:13:53 PM
   Please keep in mind here that the JT is a very efficient capacitor charge circuit.
Do the wattage calculations like after you flash the camera as to how many watts do you have stored in the capacitor.  Then think about what Tesla states in all candor in the below.

Yes; I charged the condenser with 40,000 volts.  When it was charged full, I discharged it suddenly, through a short circuit which gave me a very rapid rate of oscillation.  Let us suppose that I had stored in the condenser 10 watts.  Then, for such a wave there is a flux of energy of (4 x 104)2, and this is multiplied by the frequency of 100,000.  You see, it may go into thousands or millions of horsepower.

SPARKS!!!

not there yet ....   

let it be!!!!

perhaps   WE NEED TO HAVE A CHAT!! :o

ist!
To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!

Paul-R

Quote from: Pirate88179 on February 08, 2009, 04:00:40 PM
Well I checked and radio shack does not carry them....so, I ordered on;line from a semiconductor company.  Problem is, they had a $50 minimum!!!
Collect a couple of dumped TVs, monitors, microwave ovens.
With a soldering iron and a solder sucker, you would be
amazed how much useful stuff you can get (secondhand,
yes, but probably in good order) for nothing while you are
watching the telly in these long winter evenings.
Paul.

Mk1

Quote from: sparks on February 08, 2009, 04:13:53 PM

This type of condenser ?  From https://www.addison-electronique.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=8