Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadgetmall

@IST your going to have to build the switch . you need a tiny 3 volt relay or just replace the led with a tiny relay that had the photo cell circuit on it .
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

TheNOP

Quote from: jeanna on February 09, 2009, 04:03:21 PM
This one says high permeability. I don't know if that is good or bad for this. Nobody answered my question on that yesterday, so I guess nobody else knows either.
QuotePermeability is the inductance per unit length.
In general, permeability isn't a constant, as it can vary with the position in the medium, the frequency of the field applied, humidity, temperature, and other parameters. In a nonlinear medium, the permeability can depend on the strength of the magnetic field.
In ferromagnetic materials, the relationship between B and H fields exhibits both non-linearity and hysteresis: B is not a single-valued function of H, but depends also on the material.

in short, the more permeable a material is the more flux you can pass trough it.
high permeability mean higher current can pass trough the material before saturation.

current is limited by the size of a core and material type.
higher frequencies can core saturate faster too.

@slayer007
unless the frequency at witch your jt operate is really high, all toroid with a secondary coil will work.
even with a nail you should see some voltage out the secondary coil.
it might not be as effective due to its permeability, but you should get something there.

Quote from: innovation_station on February 09, 2009, 03:47:56 PM
it will make a difference layered as it will pick up the other half .. on the back wind no?
in term of volts you will see at the output, it does not matter.
in term of self inductance and self capacitance, there are differences with the way you wind your coils.

Pirate88179

@ MK1:

Yes, that is , or was, a good command to print the screen but, ever since I obtained service pack 3 for XP, it no longer works.  I can hit those commands 100 times and.....nothing.  So, now I use this.  But, you are correct, it was the way to do it. (at least for me)  What ohm pots are you using?  I have tried 3 that I salvaged from different devices and I can't get them to make much of a difference.  They range from 10 ohm, to 25 and then 50.  I have looked online at various electronics sites and the selection of pots seems rather limited.  What is a good number to look for?  Also, I thought that when turned the one direction, the resistance either went to 0 or went to the full amount of the pot rating.  I have tested these using my meter and....yes, the resistance changes but goes nowhere near 0 on either side of the knob turning.  I know I need to get the "correct" pots but have no idea what to get or their ratings.  Thanks.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

TheNOP

Quote from: Mk1 on February 09, 2009, 04:56:08 PM
Sorry double post , PC issue , I am going down,lol , messenger down, internet half dead , this side takes like 3 minutes to load a page then try logging in , just got a new one explorer opened about a thousand pages, crap.
disable activex and scripting for internet zone (IE settings/Security)
set trusted site zone to medium and add the sites URLs you wish to permit script applet to run to the permition list.

for maximum security, also disable third party extentions, install on demand "other" and java(advanced setting)

Pirate88179

Quote from: TheNOP on February 09, 2009, 07:21:52 PM
disable activex and scripting for internet zone (IE settings/Security)
set trusted site zone to medium and add the sites URLs you wish to permit script applet to run to the permition list.

for maximum security, also disable third party extentions, install on demand "other" and java(advanced setting)

I agree except, for maximum security, use Firefox.  I have not used IE for 1.5 years and I do not miss it one bit.  I know all browsers piggyback on explorer to some extent but, Firefox has worked very well for me.....so far.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen