Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

@ Mark:

Thank you!  I will look for one of those pots now.  I feel the need to adjust my resistance to get the best results.  I have not had that thus far.

Thanks.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

jeanna

Quote from: Mk1 on February 10, 2009, 01:45:26 AM
@all

Thank for all your help for the pc situation , a good news is i am back , the bad i had to reinstall, i also made friend with Linux.

We may not find all the answers but i think we could show the power of sharing in achieving incredible goals , and a sens of community and greater good.

Thank again !

Mark

I am glad you are back. (remember, I have just spent the last 2 months reinstalling all my software too)
I think Linux is a good friend to make! almost no viruses  etc. and just about any software you could ever want and free and with friendly open source help. What could be better? or at least the way I like it. sharing etc.

@All,
I just did a very small comparison. I just compared the 4 toroids made from the "charcoal" ferrite  material.
3 were made with 11T, 11t primary and varying secondaries
1 was made with 6T , 6t and 6 secondary turns.

Of the 3 made with 11T,11t primary:
the 7 turn secondary gave the dimmest light with the least rectified voltage and least amperage.

The one with 20 turns secondary gave much brighter light a bit more rectified volts and amps and
the one with 26 turns secondary gave a very bright light. so bright I could turn the extra resistor to 20kVat the base.
1.99Rect volts
6mA

The one made with only 6T, 6t and a small 6 turn secondary, made very dim light
yet it drew 9.6mA and only gave 1.16 rect. volts.

I turned the base resistor back to 645r and the lights got bright, but the amp draw was up to 27.8mA and the rectified volts were only 1.46rect volts.

I don't know why this small number of primary turns should matter, if it does. In the MK1 there are only 7T, 7t and 52 secondary turns and it gives 29 rectified volts and lights the lights very well. It used 21mA. The hybrid which is 11T,11t and 52 secondary turns also lights 30 lights brightly on a single turn secondary and uses 19mA for the array or .6mA each light.

This is so much better.

Maybe it is just the material. this is such a variance in performance.

I can check out the material a little tomorrow. I can use an arrangement like the worst producer and see how it does with the material like what I used for the MK1 and the hybrid.
==
I also tried to add just a second jt wound toroid to a full jt. I wanted to see if it would be possible to have 1 transistor switch for 2 toroid outputs. It only played one light at a time. That may warrant more tests, It might be a question of resonance between the 2 toroids but it seems a wrong alley too.
OK done for the night.

thank you,

jeanna

Pirate88179

@ Jeanna:

You are one heck of an experimenter!  Keep up your great work.  Thanks for being here with us.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

electricme

@ Gary
I have only just read your suggestion of using a bone on a mouse trap, this seems like a good idea, next time I have chook, Ill save a bone.
Thanks for your suggestion Gary.

jim
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

electricme

@ Xee2
Quite a few posts back you mentioned about current and keeping the battery going or lasting as long as possible.
I been thinking about this over the last few days, hmmm (im thinking lol) ok, we all have been trying to conserve the 1.2 or 1.5v batteries, and that is wonderful, but, what would happen if the JT was wound with heavy wire (same turns) but the transister was changed to reflect this heavy wire, say by the usage of a 2n3055 device which can handle amps.

Would it work? dont know, going to try tomorrow.
See if it will work, see if I can get a bita heat in my torid.

jim
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.