Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanna

@Gadgetmall,
oooo that is very good news. Thank you.

@General Jim,
(I like that. It sounds about right)
I would like to suggest that now that you know the jt circuit is connected correctly, that you remove that primary joule thief light.

Another light from a secondary will give you an output light to be using while you charge your battery-circuit
Here is why:
this came from yesterday's post. I repeat part of it here:

Plain jt circuit with 1 LED
4.4mA
Plain jt circuit with LED removed
1.6mA
That 1.6mA is gonna be used no matter what (sort of) but the light can run for free off (maybe a microamp or 2) the secondary if you take out the light from the "regular" joule thief place.

There was no secondary when I looked at that and it is pure joule thief.

However, you may well have another reason for keeping that particular light in your circuit. I am just making a power saver suggestion.

@slayer - and MK1 - thanks for your explanations.

awesome thread,

jeanna

gadgetmall

Quote from: electricme on February 12, 2009, 02:33:59 AM
@ all

I noticed I'm a  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D   FOUR STAR    ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D General Ha ha, what a hoot, a nice reward lol, he he he he.
now im embarrised.

jim

haha . Hey Jim . I got the same surprise but it made feel my Age :) Go for broke on big Toroid . I think the more winding the less each will put out but it is so large of an area it might run different .. I pick something out of a dumpster today . Never in a Million years . Looks to be a VERY LARGE Magnetic Amplifier . It weighs 30 pounders its a monster .. welcome to the Club
Al
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

Mk1

@gadget

I got one just like it(you can see it on pictures page 126), and i unwound it all, it took  like days, At first i used it directly on the output out my transformer jt , i got about 170 volts ac, but not mush power, when i destroyed it i saw why it could not work effectively , but if you take some of the tape and paper of , you should see 2 coil on each side. there is one hidden in the plastic part, but the outs are there.

My only concern about using it it is laminate scilicon steel , i don't think it saturates . Be really go full steam!

I have been using the mag wire from it for the last 2 month .

great find !

Mark

edit I see that all the wire on your seem to get out , but you may have a special wiring inside.

gadgetmall

Quote from: jeanna on February 12, 2009, 02:45:17 PM
YUP,
and right below it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru8YQ6HUwbU

So, gadgetmall, we may not need to do a whole thread for this in the spring afterall!

;)
Yeay! everyone is jumping into the pool!

jeanna
Hi jeanna .
Yep that is good news. iIt has been in the high 60's and low 70's all week long . Beautiful over here and i have been outside blowing stuff up with HHo . (Plastic Cup Bubblers) . What a rush! You Be careful camping up there and stay Warm :) I bet your taking  a Jt arnt you ? . .
Al
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

gadgetmall

Quote from: Mk1 on February 12, 2009, 08:02:42 PM
@gadget

I got one just like it(you can see it on pictures page 126), and i unwound it all, it took  like day, At first i used it directly on the output out mt transformer jt , i got about 170 volts av, but not mush power, when i destroyed it i saw why it could not work effectively , but if you take some of the tape and paper of , you should see 2 coil on each side. there is one hidden in the plastic part, but the outs are there.

My only concern about using it it is laminate scilicon steel , i don't think it saturates . Be really go full steam!

I have been using the mag wire from it for the last 2 month .

great find !

Mark

edit I see that all the wire on your seem to get out , but you may have a special wiring inside.

Wow . Dont tell me that big toroid is Steel ? Jeez i know about unwinding Big toriods and i did not know that rign did not com apart . o well . It came Out of a large Pa Amp . Thats how i knew it was a Mag amp . Made for Audio power amplification .I knew i saw that ring somewhere else / DaJaVu .  :)