Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xee2

@ ist

Wow  :o  499 volts. Can you provide more details of what you did?

sparks

On the jule thief unmessed with how high does the cap voltage charge to?
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

innovation_station

im still trying to do it agin i had it down pat than it i move the magnets i was useing 2 of them but after it was going i could take the 1 away ..

out put did not drop ...

strange ...

ist

the ear pericing squeel went silent as the voltage instantly rose ..... :)

im guessing it went into a high speed rotation ....

weird if you hook anything to it it kills the effect ..  humm
To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!

jeanna

Yikes! I gotta catch up!

Jim, There is a website called treehugger, I think, where the good folks there used a hamster wheel connected to an induction generator to run the lights for the hamster room. ;D pretty funny. Maybe your mice in a cage could be put to useful work?  ;D

@jesus, Thank you for making the change and yes, it was a good idea to mark the ends. It is most likely because I am a noob at these things... I cannot find it today, but yesterday I found a site that explained that the voltage mattered more on the collector? was it? I wish I could find that reference today, but see, it makes me think it is the reason our voltage spikes from the toroid are able to do what we are finding. I think in that reference he said the E was affected by current, and the C by voltage - but I may need to edit this if I am wrong.

So, since there is a reason to believe there may be a difference, thanks for posting it as I have actually put it together.

@xee,  I  have it connected so the E is going to the neg- of the battery.

@MK1, I have a 2N2222 so I will be trying this with my breadboard circuits, and I will be back about it.

Quote from: gadgetmall on January 29, 2009, 10:15:38 AM
@all
here is an experiment i am doing using a very large toroid wound 4 20 t = 80 turns . battery is .90 volts it was drawing 11ma lighting all 4 leds . i put a capacitor across the pot i am using to adjust the Bias to base of germanium transistor and the current dropped to less than 3 ma doing the same job of lighting all 4 leds bright So now i have 4 leds running at 2.85 ma with a dead battery .just by adding a capacitor in this circuit .I can adjust the current draw to 1 ma and all 4 leds are lit approx 20 % bright . Very Interesting . I don't know of anyone who has a circuit that can light 4 white leds bright at less than 3 ma ???

Well, if you are using the secondary to make the lights, I can. I had 30 lights where the total was 23mA so divided by 30 that is 0.76mA each. or 766uA each.

So, gadgetmail, please give a couple of details, how are they wired to be turned on? If they are a part of the original jt circuit, this is a really big difference and you are putting us another big step forward!!!! yeay!

thanks,

jeanna

But I think

jeanna

My apologies to everyone,

I appear to be hopelessly confused about the transistor symbols. I don't know if I will ever be able to clear it up.

Anyway, Jesus, your first drawing was correct.

The emitter goes to the neg of the battery, and the symbol is as you had it. Of course, you were right.

(In a little explanation, which none of you need, of course, it all started after the second lesson 5 years ago. I was fine with following electrons around a circuit, but, all of a sudden when the explanation started with transistors, the current was changed to conventional current and I was now supposed to follow the protons going around the circuit and the symbols and their wonderful arrow pointing the way had to be reversed  and Oh my goodness.... )

So, again I apologize.

The Emitter goes to the negative!! whatever that looks like!

jeanna

Yes, jesus, you may delete the wrong drawing.