Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plengo

Could someone please, post the lastest schematics for this device here again?

Thank you, Fausto.

Pirate88179

Quote from: gadgetmall on January 31, 2009, 10:53:16 AM
@all . this is the final Mod to Very Low Power Joule Thief . I have Named it Fusionchip/Jeanna Low Power JT  Or FJLP Because it used some of her Work !! Combined it produces a Usable Output at Very Low Input Power .Let me Recap :  It Beats all Know Public Domain Joule Thief Experimenter Circuits that use a transistor and Claimed to be The Lowest Input power to light 4 White Leds @ .202ma each. So a Normal Jt will extract from a battery 10-15ma while this one extracts 0.20 - 1 ma .. adjustable .. You need two Pots and two 680-Pf . I tried a lot of combinations replacing one pot with a 20 k resistor and it did not reduce the current . I tried different coil configurations for primary and secondary and this is the best combination i came up with . It might be improved So go for it  . Also i wound the Coil in an Unusual way and if you want to build it i will give you the SECRET I came up with  ;D Can you Guess  ??? We will see .Duplicate the Circuit and post the picture and Pm me For the  Secret . Hint : I wound primary With One wire .Heres a Quiz for Ya . A cowboy rode into town one weekend  on friday and stayed at the Inn for three days and then left on friday . How did he do it ?

@ gadget:

Great job!

But, to distract myself for a bit, I did some quick calculations on one of my modified Fuji circuits.  You still beat me but I ran those 400 leds drawing 3.1 mA's per led. (Not 10-15 mA's)  With 2 of those circuits in series, I think I can cut that figure in half.   (Total power was 1.24 amps/400 = 3.1)    PS  the mule's name was Friday.  I have not read past your post in case you gave the answer away.

Bill

See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

gadgetmall

@ Pirate

You are correct and win the Prize . However i tested the input on a Fugi and its over 2000 ma  event if you dont put a load on it . I managed to get it down a bit by using My new circuits 680 pf  and got the current draw to 1900 ma it could use some work .
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

Pirate88179

Quote from: gadgetmall on January 29, 2009, 11:53:08 PM
@ pirate
A variable resistor is a pot . for instance a 20k pot is 20 k across and we use the wiper to varie the resistance from 20k to 0 . right ?. I have been in the tv radio business for a long time and a ham operator for 20 years and i can't say that i ever saw a two legged variable resistor unless its a thermistor .

Sorry for the delay in response.  I always thought so too as they both seem to act the same.  I was just repeating what I had just read in one of my electronic books.  On the chapter on vr's, it showed a photo of with just 2 tabs.  Then, under that was a photo of a pot and it has 3 tabs.  The only difference I can see is that with the pot, depending on which 2 of the 3 tabs you use, you can make the resistance go up or down on the same directional turning of the knob. (hard to put into words correctly)  In other words, if I want more resistance by turning the knob clockwise, I can get that.  If I want less resistance by turning the knob clockwise, I can get that by using the wiper and the other tab instead.  Does this make sense?  That is what I am using as Radio Shack did not have any 2 tabs versions.  (Maybe they don't make them anymore?  This book was about 20 years old or so.)

Man, with your years in tv/radio business and ham hobby, I'll bet you have all kinds of great stuff lying around.  That is great.  Several folks on youtube have suggested we try running the JT circuit from just an antenna, do you think this is even possible?  Art Bell, late night talk radio host (coast to coast show) said once that he put in an antenna array at his home in Nevada and it was the largest of it's kind ever built.  He said he had to have an electrician put special devices because he was getting over 200 volts from the air somewhere and it was blowing his stuff.  Ever heard of this?

Bill

See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen