Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

what happens with an electric field when it did work on a charge?

Started by Creativity, December 06, 2008, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0T

Hello, guys,

Let me try an idea on you--

Suppose you have a bucket and you pour water into it.  And, at some other place on the bucket, you remove the water.  Can you think of a way to shape the bucket so that the amount of water you get out is greater than the water you put in?  Maybe adding some electric or magnetic fields, then can you get more water out than you put in?

Sounds simple, doesn't it? -- The bucket can't make more water, no matter what you do.

Why do some of you think energy is different?  It is just as immutable as the water.  Whatever energy you put into a device is exactly the energy you get out.  Simple.  This is the first law, and you must violate it to make a perpetual machine of the first kind.

Maybe we could save a lot of time on this forum by first asking where the extra energy is going to come from.   :D

If you can't answer the question, move on to a better idea.

Ernie Rogers

Creativity

I m clearly waiting here for an explanation where is the energy taken away from capacitor.It is instructive for all of us to learn to see possible flawns in designs.I set this play to excercise the brain.
So what happens to electric field after it did work on electric charge?
protons on positive plate won't reach the work function due to the shape of the plate.Charge is not lost there,so the strength of the field is not getting weaker ,even though electrons were accelerated in the field.

if u can't answer the question ur argument is getting weaker.
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

CARN0T

For some of us, your question doesn't require much exercise.  Since the field system you describe is static and conservative, no energy can be transferred to the charge without a change in potential between the starting point and the ending point.

Ernie Rogers

Quote from: Creativity on January 03, 2009, 03:38:26 PM
I m clearly waiting here for an explanation where is the energy taken away from capacitor.It is instructive for all of us to learn to see possible flawns in designs.I set this play to excercise the brain.
So what happens to electric field after it did work on electric charge?
protons on positive plate won't reach the work function due to the shape of the plate.Charge is not lost there,so the strength of the field is not getting weaker ,even though electrons were accelerated in the field.

if u can't answer the question ur argument is getting weaker.

sparks

@Creativity

Expand your thought experiment to imagining the accelerating field also moving or accelerating.  Now those little charge carriers are really gonna get moving without effecting the polarizing scource.  Longitudinal waves suppose to be able to do this.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

CARN0T

Creativity,

I thought more about your problem, and would like to say some more.

Notice that I allow for the charge to acquire energy if the field potential at the final point is different than at the starting point.  I wondered if your view made sense, that the energy transferred to the charge should appear as a reduction in field energy.  The potential energy of the particle (which is transferred to kinetic energy with its change in field potential)-- does that reside in the field or within the particle?  More broadly, when a rock rolls down a hill and gains kinetic energy, is there an equivalent decrease in energy within the gravitational field of the system?

I referred to my text book to refresh my understanding.  I found enlightenment in chapter 6 of "Classical Electricity and Magnetism" by Panofsky and Phillips.  I find that Maxwell had derived the energy in the field of a system, where the energy of an electrostatic field is the integral over the field of  eo/2 E2 dv, where eo is the permitivity of free space.  (No dielectrics present.)

The book goes on to show that as the potential energy of a system of charges changes, the energy in the field changes by exactly the same amount.  One concludes that there surely is an analog for gravitation as well.

Ernie Rogers

Quote from: CARN0T on January 03, 2009, 09:58:48 PM
For some of us, your question doesn't require much exercise.  Since the field system you describe is static and conservative, no energy can be transferred to the charge without a change in potential between the starting point and the ending point.

Ernie Rogers