Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnetic wires as "Free Energy"

Started by PaulLowrance, December 07, 2008, 11:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: hansvonlieven on December 07, 2008, 02:16:57 PM
G'day all,

Isn't what you guys are playing with nothing more than a thermocouple?

Hans von Lieven
Hi, Hans!

Yep, The Seebeck effect is a "FE energy", as long as there's a temperature gradient providing the real energy source... Or, Inverse, Peltier-Seebeck....

The modified thermocouple is a thermopile (combining many of thermocouple metals in a "pile"...)
"The output of a thermopile is usually in the range of tens or hundreds of millivolts."

Oops, looks like it will not power Led's....

Ok, the diode arrays are not novelty. And they will not produce any usable "power" or "energy" all by it's own. Johnson's "noise" works only if the diode is biased with another electrical source....
If there's any "DC" detected, it's actually a consequence of all the junctions (wires/semiconductors) acting like a (very inefficient) thermocouple...
Exposure to heat gradient helps a bit, but still...
Far from being usable...

"Ex nihilo nihil"

hansvonlieven

"The output of a thermopile is usually in the range of tens or hundreds of millivolts."

Not quite correct. In Russia for quite a while radios were available that used a thermopile as power source. You simply put the thermopile on top of the stove or above a kerosene lantern and off you went. This was meant to service areas where electricity was unavailable and where batteries were difficult to get or were simply unaffordable.

For a rundown on high efficiency thermopiles including a photograph of the Russian Lamp Generator see:

http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/MUSEUM/POWER/thermoelectric/thermoelectric.htm#rl

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

spinner

Quote from: hansvonlieven on December 07, 2008, 03:00:13 PM

Not quite correct. In Russia for quite a while radios were available that used a thermopile as power source. You simply put the thermopile on top of the stove or above a kerosene lantern and off you went. This was meant to service areas where electricity was unavailable and where batteries were difficult to get or were simply unaffordable.

For a rundown on high efficiency thermopiles including a photograph of the Russian Lamp Generator see:

http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/MUSEUM/POWER/thermoelectric/thermoelectric.htm#rl

Hans von Lieven

OK, the quote was for a "classical thermocouple wires", based on original Seebeck effect....
If one uses a Peltier (plate/area contacts) , then the situation changes...

The "thermopile" with Seebeck or Peltier differs in construction..

Any portable Peltier refrigerator could work as an electrical energy source (if exposed to a suitable thermal source/drain)...

Btw, the Russian site talks about Peltier type devices. Very nice!
"Ex nihilo nihil"

nightlife

Hans, I think you are on to something with that question. The reading we get from a thermocouple is really nothing more then energy reading. I think Paul has came up with a way to tap and collect the natural energy that is in the parts of a diode. A thermocouple taps radiant energy that is in the air or trapped in matter for us to get a reading and I think Paul has led us to away to use a thermocouples as a usable power source.
I wonder what would happen if we took some common thermocouples and attached a diode to each end of each one and connected them in parallel, if we could create a usable  power source?

I am not sure if that makes to you all but I tried. LOL

Goat

@ PaulLowrance

Check out Tesla's US Patent 381970 "System of electrical distribution" where he mentioned "Winding over the coils with a layer or layers of insulated Iron wire".

It may not be OU but has been related to SM's TPU.

Regards,
Paul